It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

sxda HB User
Burning from the inside out

My aunt was diagnosed with Stage 3A Pancoast Tumor Lung Cancer in October. She has been doing chemo once a week and radiation 5 days a week. The burning has gotten more and more intense. She says the pain from the tumor isn't as bad, although still there, but the burning sensation has increased dramatically with no relief. She still has 2 weeks of radiation and she complains that she may not be able to tolerate much more. The burning is also in her esophagus, therefore she isn't eating or drinking. She is loosing more and more weight, she has no more to loose. Does anyone have any suggestions on any way to help her????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Burning from the inside out

She needs to inform her oncologist of the burning. Sometimes a J-peg tube is inserted to help the patient eat and drink during radiation treatment. I know aloe can be soothing, but I wouldn't do anything without contacting the doctor first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply