It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

Ejn07 HB User
Dad dying of cancer

My dad has colon cancer, that has now spread throughout his body. He's in the hospital now, hospice situation. He is pretty much completely unresponsive now. His eyes are wide open, shooting around, but you can tell he isn't there. Today is the first day he wasn't able to at least say bye to me when I left the hospital. My mom is by his side 24/7. I have never lost anyone before, so I'm confused and hurt. He had a lot of years to live, but cancer took over. He bought a harley recently that he loved and planned to ride every nice day there was. He loved to fish, and my 6 yr old wanted to go with him much more than he got to. I have a 6 week old baby boy also that he hasn't got to even hold but just a few times. I'm only 23, not ready to lose my dad, but it's coming. In just a few hours I will need to be up with my kids and I'm just not ready for this holiday. I never posted here before, and don't know where it will get me. I just don't have anyone to talk to, and don't know where to turn. My mom is a wreck, and I don't want to make things worse for her. I have been holding all my tears and hurt inside because that's just what I'm used to. Anyone willing to give some advice or good thoughts, it's very much appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ejn07:
kmk1024 (12-28-2012)
Reply Reply