It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

KD423 HB User
Nodules on Colon & Liver - any advice please?

Can someone that's been thru this please give me so advice! My father (never sick a day in his life) went to the ER for terrible pain on right side of abdomen, CT Scan showed nodules on his liver and colon. Finally got him in to see an Oncologist 4 days later and they think it's cancer that may have started in the colon and metastasized, we can't get him in until March 4th for the liver biopsy although he is hopefully getting a colonoscopy early next week. Can anyone offer any advice, please. My Dad is my hero & we're all so scared. I've never seen my Dad sick and seeing him pain is horrible. I'm more worried about waiting on the liver biopsy but sadly with an insurance restriction we don't have much choice? has anyone dealt with this??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Nodules on Colon & Liver - any advice please?

The Drs will be able to biopsy the lesion in the colon, so you should know something after the colonoscopy next week. I am sorry you are faced with such scary news. If the colon lesion is operable, they may remove it to prevent his bowel from getting obstructed. I would ask to have his app't for liver biopsy moved sooner if a cancellation opens up an earlier spot for him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
cancer, colon, liver, metastasis, nodules