It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
(male)

Alibell39 HB User
Pancreatic cancer -reoccurring infection the end?

My absolute sympathy goes out to all on this board who have been touched by the evil that is pancreatic cancer - I'm sorry for my first thread to be asking for advice but I'm at a loss as to what to do or think.

My journey began last August when mum was told they'd found a 'shadow' and it may or may not be cancer..she was told to think about having the whipped procedure but within weeks she was hospitalised with a stent fitted and every time she seemed well enough to go for op she ended up in hospital again (five times in as many months) then finally in feb they biopsied and confirmed it was cancer and it was now in the duodem (spelling?) and inoperable, we were told 3-6months. She started chemo in march but has only been well enough for three sessions and just over a week ago ended up back in hospital with an infection (at which point I was given the talk of doom about her not making it) she then on Friday had cleared the infection and was the best I'd seen her for months. However I got a call last night to say she was acutely ill and the infection was back, I've been to see her today and she seems 'ok' conscious but slurring words and having difficulty breathing (has been on oxygen since being admitted) and back on IV antibiotics. I'm just not sure what to think and whether this is the end or if the end is close (it seems chemotherapy hasn't done anything for the tumour) it's just so hard, difficult, impossible and I'd be grateful to hear of any similar circumstances so that I can have hope and/or be more prepared for what's to come.
Many thanks and huge love to those who need it x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply