It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Talking Camping (Normal?)

Hello from Mudhound,

What is normal? One never knows what goes on in our brains.
To tell the truth, itís been hard! I love my wife and we just went over the 20 year mark with regards to our marriage.
She has been very sick from time to time. Currently, she is enjoying a bit of normalcy. I hate to even use the word. Life with a person with BP can be uneventful. Mine has not. However, the root of their love, hate, real personality can show up. We just have to look harder. I look for items like a smile or an unexpected kiss. These mean that the wife is doing better.
Hank in there! Life is good because there is always hope.

NEW & NEWS **************************************** ******

I and the wife are going camping! She wants to go! WHO RA!

We have an 18foot camper and she wants to go to the mountains. I pray that this trip is just what she needs. Lord knows I need it. I think she likes camping. It was her idea to but a camper and we have gone several times this year.
She is still a bit over medicated. It seems to blur her vision and cause her to be sleepy.

Well, hereís one for normal

Mudhound

Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

weasel HB User
Re: Camping (Normal?)

that sounds like fantastic progress. a bit of fresh air and a break from every day routine.........im glad for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #3

zoeee HB User

Aww mudhound! So glad there is a break in this for you both. Sounds like it should be wonderful fun! You are so devoted and such a wonderful presence around here. Your post really makes my day. I love to hear what you have to say. I think I will let my hubby read your post if you don't mind.

Have a great trip!!

zoeee

Old 09-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Hey kiddo, when are you leaving?
You need to let us know so we don't worry when you don't post for awhile!!
(How absolutely neat for you - I'm loaning out my Guardian Angel for the trip... That little breeze across your cheek? Yup, it's the Guardian Angel!

Old 09-09-2004, 05:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Right now. I'll be out till monday!

Mudhound

Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 PM   #6

ScarrdOne HB User

It's knowing people like you exist gives me hope that I might find a man someday who will be able to handle me and my BP. It is so amazing how much you love your wife and support her. I hope camping helps. Let me know how it went. God bless you both!!!

Old 09-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #7

sunshine1646 HB User

hi there mudhound, you really sound like a good man!!!!! I also have bp, with many ups and downs. I have been hospitalized a great number of times. I got on disability last year for my bp. I had worked all my life but it just got to the point where I couldn't get through the day(s) without flipping out on someone. Generally I'm a nice person but with my meds changing so often I kind of wonder if the meds are what have made me sicker. I've posted to you on several ocassions but after I had posted I didn't know if you read them or not because some were pretty old and I had continued at the end. Anyhow, enough about me. I hope that you and your wife have a wonderful time and God bless you! Well, I'll be checking back on Monday to see how much fun you all had!!!!!!! Take Care of yourself, your son, and that wonderful lady that is the Love of your Life!

Old 09-12-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Thumbs up Re: Camping (Normal?)

The camping trip is just what the dr (Gary + Lisa) ordered. We had a great time.
Well, hereís the report. I will not tell all but we did some shopping at one of the outlet malls. We both bought some clothes. I bought a knife {I lost my old trusty} at Smoky Mountain Knife place. We went swimming 2 times at the pool. It was heated! My wife really liked that. We roasted hotdogs in an open fire. We had grilled hamburgers one nite and had pasta another. We had BBQ one afternoon at Corkys.
We sat by the fire and held hands. We read books and newspapers (me). We drank coffee and just snuggled more than we had in months. We mingled some with the other campers. Lisa does not like doing this so she mostly stayed in during the mingling.
All in all, we had a great time.

A huge thanks to all who wished us well. It is helpful to post some successes as well as out failures on this board. Lord knows we have enough problems. It is good to post some good things too.

Mudhound

Old 09-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #9
(female)

Concerned39 HB User

Dear Mudhound: I smiled all through your message.It is good to hear the better side of things and I wish you both well.Thank you on the advice earlier.And all the best.I will think of your upbeat ways as a boost that we can have good days.Concerned39

Old 09-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wonderful news Mudhound that things went so well. Sometimes we just luck out with those pesky chemical imbalances and something goes o.k.!!!

Congrats!

Old 09-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #11
(female)

Concerned39 HB User

Help Mudhound if you would. I just posted a thread about effexor.Would you read it and give me your opinion.It is titled effexor scare help anyone. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Concerned39; 09-14-2004 at 09:59 AM.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Mudhound,
I'm hoping that everything has beein going just a pinch better for you since the camping trip...
I'm hoping if you have a moment you will read my post on the relationship health board. I could use a good ol' Healthboards/Mudhound arm around the shoulder just about now and thought I would ask...

Old 09-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dear Mudhound,
Thank you so much for your kind words my friend!
Please let me know if things are o.k. with you and your family.
I'm concerned because of the brief note you posted earlier...
My prayers are there for you,

Old 09-29-2004, 06:18 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Thanks for your concern. Things are going somewhat well in the mudhound household. The wife is not trying to kill anyone now. She does still have problems with crowds of people. Luckily, we have a small local grocery store near by and she went there by herself the other day. That is an improvement.

My son is doing fantastic. He is still active in church and doing well in school. He had a mid term G.P.A. of 4.0. All Aís! Praise the Lord!

As for me, Iím a little down because of work. My line of work makes me have to put on a smile (Insurance sale). Itís hard but I have perfected it. Iím in my 15th year now. The people I work with are sympatric as they can be. Except one. She is a real b!+ch! If I could I would fire her tomorrow. By the way, my wife likes her for some odd reason. I do not trust her and it is my desire not to work with her on any accounts at all. I do have some say in that matter.

I guess all in all Iím doing well. My own health is holding up. My family (mom, dad & sisters) are all doing ok too. My pastor is my sounding board. I need him to keep me in line. He tells me about forgiveness (for the co worker): but, she stole for me and another 2 coworkers. She is forgiven, but not forgotten.

Mudhound

Old 09-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

The Lord once again has put me on a job where people delight in belittling, backstabbing, sarcasm and just general "not nice-ness".
This time I'm not going to quit because of the atmosphere. I'm going to stay and try to be the mirror that they so badly need to peek into. Maybe I can make a difference..

I know that may not help you deal with your situation - to be honest I have chest pain from the stress (and we all know how bad stress is for Bipolars, huh??!) but finally, I really think that I'm meant to be here working with these people. No matter how hard it is to deal with the tone of voice, etc.
I feel a little sorry for them. They can't be happy treating people the way they do - and I sincerely doubt that your coworker doesn't have a clue that she is an "itch" ...

My goal is to only respond to the words, not the tone, and to never let them get to me - and if THAT happens to NEVER let them know it!!!!
(Oh, and believe me when I say that I plan to never share my chemical imbalance with them!)

A big Hip Hip Hooray for your son and wife - but don't forget to pat yourself on the back for being one of the most stand-up husband of a bipolar there ever was or will be. No matter what happens at work (insurance is tough) it's your other blessings that add up to a great big heap of good stuff...

I'll be glad when Thurs is over with - my Lithium plateau makes it hard for me to grieve properly until more time has passed. I appreciate your prayers more than you know.

Closed Thread