It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

BraveGirl HB User
the quicker you reply to this, the better

drinking alcohol while taking Zyprexa and Lamictal??
bad effects? what's the deal with this? my bf is thinking about doing this and i cautioned him against it and he said "i'm not going to get trashed" and I told him "i don't think it matters, I don't think you should be drinking regardless"

___ well I guess I am just overly concerned - looks like sleepiness is the only real side effect. *sigh* maybe I'm the one that's paranoid? ;-)

Last edited by BraveGirl; 08-10-2005 at 06:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User
Re: the quicker you reply to this, the better

I was on Lamictal...........but, what is the other one???? I DO KNOW with anti depressants............you SHOULDNT drink!!! I dont think you should drink on these either! You can do a search on these drugs and it will list all the side effects, and info. I am a recovering alcoholic..........BUT.........when i was on these med's and drinking------it almost killed me, a couple different times! I ended up in the hospital.....with no pulse!!! It's just not worth it. I know you can certaintly have a couple while taking med's.....but the problem is, these drugs tend to intensify the alcohol. Im sure 1 or 2 wouldnt hurt????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
(female)

BraveGirl HB User

Zyprexa's an anti-psychotic. I looked them up and they said that it makes you drowsy if you drink while taking them, but it didn't say anything else?? I don't think he drank last night **thank goodness**. I'm going to tell him this for future use though. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
(male)

bipolarjon HB User

Hi,

I have read this alot and cut this out. When I drink i feel good for a little while then I get very LOW, so I don't drink, keep caffine and chocolate to a minimum. I go outside/gym to have fun and that seems to help.

jon

Binge Drinking, Smoking Are Risk Factors
Alcohol-use disorders and depression commonly coexist, presenting unique challenges for both individuals who suffer from this "comorbidity" as well as their treatment providers.

A study in the August 2004 issue of Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research examines co-occurring alcohol-use and depression.

Closed Thread