It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User
Talking Hi, there, Very Green!

It sounds like things are going better for you! That's great! I'm glad for you! I went to counseling today and it went well. I've finally 'found' my voice when it comes to dealing with my husband...so that's a really good thing! Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. We all went to the beach together. Then my husband was NICE to me on the phone today and told me he was sorry for cussing at me last week. That's a big step for him to admit HE was wrong. And, as my counselor pointed out to me today, my husband is FINALLY saying he HAS a 'problem' and he FINALLY owns HIS problem. That's only taken him a whole year!!! But, as my counselor told me, at least he has finally seen it! So, here I am, on the roller coaster again!!! We'll see. I do alot of that--wait & see!!!!!!!!!! LV, Kym

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #2
(female)

Very Green HB User
Re: Hi, there, Very Green!

Congratulations, I am sooooooo pleased for you. You go girl!!! Things are still going well this end. So as you say, we can only wait and see. Long live fair ground rides eh?

TTFN

PS Has he started to think about taking his meds yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Hi, Very Green! I'm glad to hear that things are still going well with you! My husband told me last week that he has an Appt. with a Urologist (spelling?) on Aug. 7 to check out his hormone levels BEFORE he's willing to take the meds. I guess I've waited this long...what's a couple of weeks compared to a couple of YEARS???!!! So, again, I'm in limbo...waiting! I talked to my brother today on the phone. He doesn't think my husband will do what he is told to do! My brother is very angry at my husband for all the rotten things he's said & done to me & our son. Anyway, I just keep on keepin' on!!! Thanks for asking about my life...same as it ever was!!! LOL Kym.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
(female)

Very Green HB User

Sorry to hear about the delay, but as you say, what is a few more weeks?! Things are going OK this side of the Atlantic, just a slight dip, but not bad. Hope your having a better day today.

PS. Has the good mood from your weekend at the beach continued? Sounded lovely. Wish I had a beach to go to, not quite great for that in England, although we did hit 102 degrees here yesterday, and the day before. V. HOT!

TTFN

Old 07-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

What does TTFN mean? I'm not up to speed on all the little sayings for the computer! No beaches around you? Any pools? I love to swim! Maybe we'll go to the beach again this weekend! I've got a good tan goin' on now. Anyway, I never know what mood my husband will be in when he walks thru the door. I just try to enjoy MY life as much as possible--after all--this is not a dress rehurseal! (can't spell, either! LOL)

Old 07-21-2006, 06:12 AM   #6
(female)

Very Green HB User

TTFN is from the thunderbirds. It means Ta Ta For Now (or in a american: See ya later). Glad its still ok for you. A few stresses here, but nothing major. Busy weekend planned, so should keep me occupied!

TTFN

PS: who cares about speliing?! Communication is the key!

Old 07-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Thanks for explaining that to me! Whenever I read your posts, I always imagine your pretty accent when you talk!

Old 07-24-2006, 02:49 AM   #8
(female)

Very Green HB User

Thank you. Can't say i have ever imagined my accent as pretty! But then you get used to your own!!

Weekend wasn't great, but not total disaster either. How was yours? Hope your doing ok.

TTFN

Old 07-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Hi, Very Green! My weekend was okay...nothing thrilling! I'm in the process for looking a job! My little boy is going into 1st grade this fall, so I'm looking for a job! I haven't worked for 8 yrs!!! (We moved here-Ohio-from NY., then got pregant, had a hard pregancy, had baby and has been a stay at home Mom!) I'm really excited about going back into the work force! It will give me something to focus on and do something different! My hubby goes to see his PDOC this Thur. We'll see what comes from that! What's new with you? Kym.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #10
(female)

Very Green HB User

Not much really, things are staying on an almost even keel right now. We are not as close as normal, but nor are we having any hostility. He said he had a good session with the therapist, but hasn't told me about it yet. Will wait to let him tell me when he wants to. Don't want to push him.
Forgot to answer part of your other thread before, so here it is: Yes we do have beaches near us, but trust me, you wouldn't want to sunbathe on them!! Got local swimming baths, but not so keen on catching those little verruccas! Prefer sunbathing! Ah well, will have to hope for a holiday.

Good luck with the job hunting!!!

TTFN

Last edited by Very Green; 07-25-2006 at 02:54 AM.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Thanks, Very Green! Kym

Old 07-26-2006, 03:22 AM   #12
(female)

Very Green HB User

You are very welcome! I on the other hand, would love to have some days off work. I would welcome a break very much right now. Just want to wisk him away and have our time together. Quite difficult with us both working though. Haven't even planned a holiday yet. Dont even know if we can get the time off. Sigh!
Ah well, life goes on. Hope things are ok for you right now. Just remember to keep thinking of yourself through all this.

Prayers and wishes coming your way

TTFN

Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #13
(male)

Wizard of Oz HB User

Hey you two. How are things going? I've been gone for a little while and I'm just trying to see how everyone is doing. I miss you two. You both can make me laugh and cry....just a tiny bit though... I hope you both are ok....Oz

Old 07-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Hey, there, OZ! I'm doing okay! My husband has an Appt. with his PDOC tomorrow. I'm looking for a job. (As you know if you've been reading these posts.) I had a good time with my friend today. A good talk, a good laugh. It was fun! Next week, we're going to go to the pool and go swimming again. Might as well get some fun in before I'm a working girl again! LOL

Old 07-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #15
(female)

Very Green HB User

Hey Oz and Kym,

Hope your both ok. Not been able to log in for a few days. Computer trouble. Things still ok here.

Remember, life is a rollar coaster

STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF!

TTFN

Closed Thread