It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
MUD news (poss heart attack)

JUst a note: I MAY have had a very light heart attack. My wife is telling everyone that I did have one! OMG.
It's upset her a lot! For those of you who do not know, my wife has BP.
She is so upset currently.
The reg DR I see says that I could have had one. I have a poss spot on an EKG he did. I see a heart dr a week from Monday.
I'll try to inform the board with what he says.
Pray,
Thanks

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: MUD news (poss heart attack)

((((HUGS)))) Mudhound Please take it easy and if you have any more symptoms please go to the ER. You should not let things progress....you are in my prayers ~ Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Thanks, That was the advice my dr gave me too.
I hope i waste a lot of money to find out that I had bad gas that morning.
Well, maybe?

Mudhound

Old 10-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Mudhound

Hope you are okay. Tell your wife to take some deep breaths. She will be okay. Call her pdoc for some anxiety meds and explain to him the situation. She will need that to get through the week- maybe? For her sake, and yours. You know her limits of anxiety and the levels. Call her pdoc if necessary.

I've had two heart catheterizations for WPW (Wolfe-Parkinsons-White Syndrome). It is frightening when ones heart does things out of the ordinary.

Thinking of you and sending you many prayers.

Coffeegirl

Old 10-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #5
(female)

kathryn00 HB User

wow, i m so sorry to hear that. i hope its a minor inconvience.

i am so glad you have your wife. it seems like the tides could turn. you helped here through a tough time and now she can help you. Providing that your wife is stable. So she needs to see her pdoc. For your sake as well as hers.

best wishes,
kathy

Old 10-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Oh my goodness. At least whether it was or wasn't you're seeing the docs. Really good luck that it's nothing, but i'm sure it's a big scare. Time to reflect?!!!! Even if you get the all clear?!! Re your wife, I seem to find that quite often when I'm called on by close friends / family in their crises, I respond pretty well. Sort of calm and organised, but break down later. So I agree with Kathy, as long as her pdoc is aware of the situation he can take some of the strain while you deal with the tests and diagnosis. You have to make sure that you don't 'worry' about her at this time (as difficult as that will be) it can make heart / bp readings go awry....

All the best xxx

jgr

Old 10-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Mudhound, did they give you a prescription for nitroglycerin? Carry it with you and let your wife know that you are. And don't try to belittle her fears. Mr. Ruth kept telling me to stop worrying - not possible.
Also, telling your wife to take deep breaths will not help!
It is a YEAR after Mr. Ruth found out he had a 99% blockage in his left anterior descending artery (a.k.a. "the widowmaker") and had a stent put in and I am still aghast at how close he came to having a massive coronary.

Every time I think about it I get a wave of anxiety that I could be without him.
As highly as I function, and I know your wife must feel the same way, I know that I would go directly into a depression so deep that no one (with an exception or two ) could coax me to the surface for a good year.

PLEASE take care of yourself - you are one of my oldest and dearest friends and HealthBoards has much more use to make of you... Do You Hear Me?????

A huge hug across that virtual cup of coffee,
Ruthie

Old 10-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Post Re: MUD news (poss heart attack)

Thanks for your concern. Yes indeed, the wife has stepped up her watch on Mr Mud. I have her watching my every move. Dang, It's hard to see other females while she's looking. LOL JUST Kidding.
I feel much better today. I have had no other chest pain. However, I have had a little bit of shortness of breath. It's mostly after doinf things that do tend to wear down the average person.
She has so anzity meds. Heck, I've even hit a few of my own too.

I let the board know the results of the heart dr visit. Bad Gas, yes that was it, Or Mr MUD loose weight and the other normal items. Or take this pill and see me in a month. Or to the Heart cath thing or whatever.....

Thanks for your support, The people on this board are the GREATEST!

Mud

Mudhound

Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 AM   #9
(female)

dragonprincess HB User

Ihope everyting goes well for you and you well be in my prayer's every night .youll be ok .your MudHound you have too be ok ,plus

i'm sure you have some angels looking overyou anyways. all the support and praying for you DragonPrincess

Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Hi Mudhound
I've always admired your open concerned and thoughtfulness regarding your wife's condition. Ruth is right you cant stop a bp from worrying but one thing that helps me is feeling like I have some control to feel useful. I think it's wonderful your wife has is now watching you, it may help her to take care of you plus it would help her to take her mind off her own problems and ease her worry regarding yours. I wish the best for both of you. Take care of yourself. K

Last edited by kiehn; 10-17-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

I went to the heart doctor and got a clean bill of health.
His main concern was my weight. He says "Mr Lawson you are a bit short for your weight". LOL I knew that. Gosh, I paid money to be insulted. LOL I can get that from home for FREE.
Ishould last a few more year! Who raaaaaa!

Mudhound

Old 10-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

This is great news, Mud!!! You get a gold star for being a man and getting yourself to the doctor....and don't let it be a scare like a heart attack to get you there next time!!

I am sure that your wife is very much relieved!!! I am so glad you shared the good news with us.

Glad to here that you will be among us for at least another year!!

(((HUGS))) ~ Goody

Closed Thread