It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #1
(female)

doglover4ever HB User
HELP-Friend is obsessed with self mutilation

Ok, first off, I'm very glad to have found this board. I'm at my wits end! My friend is worrying me sick. She's been self mutilating herself for as long as I've known her. I've stayed up countless nights to watch her, and have always tried to be there for her. I love her dearly, but I just don't know what to do anymore. We had a fight a while ago, and since then she's been mutilating herself to an extreme point. She's also been making herself vomit after eating. She's upset that's shes been gaining weight, and she just going down hill. Her family isn't at all supportive, I feel like I'm the only one there for her. Please, how can I help her? I don't know what to do? How can I ease her suffering, and make her stop cutting herself!?!

Old 11-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: HELP-Friend is obsessed with self mutilation

One of the main reasons why people cut is to slow down the garbage that is spewing through out their brain. When I am having a bad time and I don't know what to do so I cut and at least for that short time I am in control

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread