It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

InLove HB User
I have a boyfriend ill of schizophrenia and we are expecting a baby.

HI, I have a boyfriend ill of schizophrenia and we are expecting a baby. Sometimes I feel really sad because of the syptoms of this condition and also because I cannot do anything to help him,,so I would like to be in contact with someone who has a boyfriend or girlfriend ill of this illness and is determined to be there for them. Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 01-20-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
(female)

nashvillegirl HB User
re: I have a boyfriend ill of schizophrenia and we are expecting a baby.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

Last edited by nashvillegirl; 04-10-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
(male)

paul123 HB User
Re: I have a boyfriend ill of schizophrenia and we are expecting a baby.

hi im in a relatiomship with my girlfriend who developed sz around 6 years ago
i say sz cause i cant spell it lol , anyway i met her 15 years ago she was fine all of a sudden she got this illness, we have 4 children and it has been hard i do admit but i wouldnt change her for the world like i say it hasnt been easy
if you do love him which obviesly you do and you want to make this work stick by him all the way evrybodys illness is difrent my girls is viloent sz so she is posed as a danger but we are set to get married 28th july 2007 and if i had any doubts i obviously woulnt be getting married just hang on in there
i hope this has give you some secuirity and the very best of luck
god bless paul liverpool uk england ,ps my girl would be so mad at me if she knew i was on this site lol but sometimes we need this comunication ,,,,

Old 02-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
(male)

auzac HB User

My wife had her first episode in 2002 , its been very hard these past 5 yrs
with her spending alot of time in hospital and with the array of medicines and either forgetting to take them or just not taking them.
I remember the way she was before she became ill and apart from her symptoms when she is really unwell she is still the same person i fell in love with 12 yrs ago, which is why were still together. Now she needs my help more than before and we're making progress with getting the medicines sorted but its been a long road till now. I have had to take alot of time off work at times so in the past my carreer has suffered a bit.
What i don't know is what will the situation be 10 or 20 yrs from now as I
am 35 and we don't have children, if things where different maybe we would.
Other concerns I have is what are the long term implications will it get worse
and what happens to people with sz as they get older, these things nobody
seems to have answers to. I am starting to think I can look after her better
if i bury myself in work and then can support her better in the future.
Fortunately here in AU we have good & relatively free health care for sz.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #5
(female)

purplecritter87 HB User

I a married to the love of my life and he has violent SZ and he can say some very hurtfull things at times, but I know that while it may hurt me, that he really doesn't mean it, and that when he comes to, he is going to say sorry and feel bad and try to make me feel better, and just knowing that he doesn't mean what he says and that is he was his normal, not "flipped out" self, he would sooner have his tounge removed and that he dosen't really mean what he said and the fact that after he cools off and "comes to" he has no idea what he said and i tell him and he starts to cry and stuff and tells me that he loves me and tells me thank you for staying with him and being patiant and understanding is enough to keep me going on in our relationship.

Closed Thread