It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
What are the signs?

I am sure lots of people ask this question. I thought what better place to learn up front what the signs are because some may have other signs then any Doctor or book could list. The reason why I ask is because I believe my Mother has a serious problem and I am trying to find out what she might have based on some signs. I know they say it's hard to diagnos (sp) and I am far from being a Doctor.

A little bit about my Mother is she seems too like to cause trouble it makes her happy to see us fight. She causes a major scene at very important times. When she is not making a scene at important events, she has a childlike way about her where she acts like a 2 year old who didn't get her way. Meaning she needs to be the center of attention or she throws fits. She is excelent at lying to your face and she makes up the lies very quickly off the top of her head. She won't admit when she is wrong. When she is confronted she will continue to lie even if you are the one she is lying about. She shows no remorse for her actions or lies, because she never admits anything. She changes moods so fast it's amazing to watch. She can go from smiling to crying to anger to smiling again all in minutes. You can be in the middle of a conversation with her and suddenly she has to ask you what the 2 of you were talking about. She steals from people and she blames it on others.

I am sure this is probably not Bipolar but maybe someone here might know about other things this possibly could be. I don't know how true this is but I heard that people are misdiagnosed and I thought maybe someone might have been or know someone who has and so you might know about other things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

Happy4Me HB User
Re: What are the signs?

It sounds to me like she may have Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder. It difficult for a person to tell the difference between real and unreal experiences, to think logically, to have normal emotional responses to others, and to behave normally in social situations.

I hope this helps. Good luck and God bless!!

Closed Thread