It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

Strawberry Girl HB User
Question Has my 9 year old daughter got scizophrenia?

Hi All,

This is my first posting on this board, but I would like to ask everyones advice on my 9 year old daughter.

At 7 I noted a change in her behaviour (moody and volitile). She also told me that she was hearing voices which were telling her to do things and described fairies and a giant spider who lived in her head. The voices gradually increased in fequency and became threatening in nature (she hears up to 12 voices). In addtion to hearing voices and a change in mood, she begun to complete bizzarre routines, as commanded by her voices. As time passed she begun to have visual hallucinations such as seeing reptiles, giant spiders, scorpions, fierce dogs, demons, spirits and people. She also reported having a screen at the front of her head on which they comunicate with her. On one occasion they showed her a map of the world and told her that she was the chosen one. More recently she has developed tactile hallucinations e.g feeling spider/rats crawling on her or dogs breathing in her face. At such times she is very distressed. Over the summer she developed paranoia and thought people were spying/following her. When we were out she became distressed and wanted to go home. At home, she wanted the doors to be locked and was afraid someone was going to come through the door. She also thought that they were able to control her body and were inside her tummy mixing up chemicals to harm her. More recently she thought they were going to snatch her soul via the TV remote control. There are many more experiences - too numerous to include.

Over 2 1/2 years these experiences have grown progressively worse. In the summer her consultant put her on Risperidone, which initially helped, but after a couple of weeks the symptoms would recur. They continued to increase the dose and we would have a marked improvement for a further 2 weeks. In the end the side effects were severe and she was still hallucinating, so I chose to stop them, against medical advice. It was also my daughter's wish to stop the medication as she was feeling unwell. EVentually the symptoms begun to subside, but after two weeks without medication they have begun to recur and she has been very distressed. Her psychiatrist wants to try her on a new drug tomorrow, but I am less confident as we have not been given a diagnosis. She has had a brain scan and an EEG but both tests were negative.

This 'illness' is slowly destroying our lives. I am in the process of being dismissed from my job, because I am absent without permission, as my child needs me. As a single mother and with multiple debts, I am now struggling with two children. We have no family and so I am having to manage this alone. It is significantly worse at night - if anyone knows why this is, I would be interested in knowing, although the hallucinations can occur at any time. This has also affected my youngest daughter aged 8, who can be afraid of her sister, has seen her pick up knives and scissors and has often been on the receiving end of her temper. This is such a contrast to the little girl I had up until the age of 7.

If anyone has any similar experiences or views on what my daughter may be experiencing, I would appreciate it hearing from you.

Kind regards

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
Re: Has my 9 year old daughter got scizophrenia?

I can't make a diagnosis, but it sounds like your daughter could have schizophrenia.

I experience auditory hallucinations as well. I hear up to 4 different voices that argue with each other, criticize my decisions and comment on the things I do. I have atypical bipolar I disorder with rapid cycling and hallucinate whenever I'm manic or off of my meds. I also experience 7 different types of paranoia.

I take 3mg of Risperidone 2x/day which helps keep my hallucinations and paranoia at bay.

I would suggest that you discuss your daughter's symptoms with her psychiatrist so he/she can find another antipsychotic that will help relieve her hallucinations and paranoia. I would also ask him/her for a diagnosis as well.

Good luck.
Prozac 40mg
Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Last edited by dreams in neon; 01-08-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I have paranoid schizophrenia and reading your daughter's story really brings me back to a terrible time in my life. I know exactly what she is going through, and it is truly horrifying. I'm obviously not going to tell you it's schizophrenia, because I'm not a doctor, but judging on our similar symptoms it does sound like schizophrenia. And about the night- time thing...my symptoms don't get worse at night, but it is scarier at night. I think it's just the darkness that makes the voices and visions scarier at night than during the day.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
(female)

Strawberry Girl HB User
Post Re: Has my 9 year old daughter got scizophrenia?

Thank you for you replies MSD607 and dreams in neon. I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my thread. It sounds as if you have both been through horrific experiences too. My daughter has seen a Professor of Psychiatry and a consultant psychiatrist - scizophrenia has been mentioned, but apparently not all her symptoms are not typical of scizophrenia. Even so they have not out ruled it either. It is also perhaps more difficult to assess due to her relatively young age. The questions they ask her often go above her head and indeed my own! She was diagnosed with central precocious puberty at 7 - which meant she started puberty very young. They think the hormones may have triggered the illness - which may have normally begun in the late teens or early twenties. I guess this may indicate it is scizophrenia, which I understand often begins in adolescence?

We saw the psychiatrist today and he has prescribed Ariprazole - they are also considering a planned admission to a children's psychiatric unit.

I wonder whether you would both be kind enough to answer some questions for me? When were you both diagnosed and how long did it take for the psychiatrist's to reach a diagnosis? How has this illness effected your lives in the longer term e.g education, jobs, realtionships with peers? When the hallucinations stop, are you able to rationlise them? Do you hear the voices inside or outside your head? I am sorry to ask so many questions of you both, but I do not know anyone in a similar situation to my daughter. My heart goes out to you both, as I have seen the impact of these voices and visions first hand on my own daughter. MSD607. I think you are right about the voices seeming more scarey at night. Two night ago my daughter was laying in bed and she heard a train coming towards her - she was so scared. There are days when the voices will say things to her, but she can just shrug it off - I guess you become used to them.

I am perhaps going into a very sensitive area, but on occasion my daughter has expressed a wish to die to make the voices stop. As she gets older I am worried about the risk of suicide. She is also afraid her voices may control her to harm someone or control someone to harm her. Maybe I am stepping over teh boundary, but do you mind me asking whether either of you have ever considered or attempted suicide as a result of your illness? I apologise if this causes any offence and you do not have to answer, as I realise it is very sensitive territory.

My good wishes to you both.

Michelle

Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I would be glad to answer any questions you have- I understand that this is probably a confusing time for you and your daughter.

I was diagnosed then I was 17, and I am now almost 19. It took doctors about 4 months to diagnose me, and part of the reason it was such a drawn out process was because I lied about my symptoms to make it seem less than it really was. I was put on meds and to tell you the truth, the meds have not done much for me except I now understand that I have an illness and I can't always believe what I see and/or hear. My symptoms are almost all still present. As for school, I graduated high school last June and started at my dream university in the fall. It was VERY hard at first being away from home at college and being with new people, but I found a great doctor where I attend school, and I've made a lot of really nice, caring friends. I did lose some friends in high school when I was first diagnosed, but I just attribute that to immaturity and ignorance on their part. I was taught from a young age that if people don't accept you for who you are then they are not truly your friends, so it was easy to see those "friends" walk away from me.

With my hallucinations, personally, the voices sound like they are outside of my head. That's why it took such a long time for me to realize that they weren't really there- it sounded like a person outside my door, or on the other side of my room, or even right next to me--it never sounded as if it was coming from my head.

I do still struggle every single day, and obviously some days are harder than others, but everyone has good and bad days no matter what's wrong (or not wrong) with you. I have suicidal thoughts everyday of my life...but thoughts are different than actions, and I honestly don't ever think I would actually follow through on any of those thoughts.

I sincerely hope this helped you and I wish the best for you and your daughters. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
(female)

Strawberry Girl HB User

Hi MSD607,

Thank you for such an honest and open response. You too are so young to be going through such an horrific experience. You sound a very mature and intelligent young woman and I am sure your family must be so proud of how you are managing your illness. Your response does indeed make me feel hopeful for my own child. I am so sorry that the medication is not managing your symptoms. Would you consider changing to another anti-psychotic medication? For my own daughter the meds. can control the voices and visions for a couple of weeks, but then they slowly begin to recur.

I am glad that you do have supportive people around you. For those who have walked away, they are perhaps scared of the unknown. You sound a wonderful human being and it is their loss - not yours.

When you have visions what type of things do you see? Have you ever experienced the feeling that things are crawling over you, as my daughter has?

When mu daughter is distressed by her voices and what she sees, I tell her it is not real, although I know it is real to her. I explain that it is as if she is having a dream, although she is wide awake. May I ask how long you have been hearing voices for?

I note that you are in the US. We live in the UK, where research into children with the symptoms my daughter is experiencing at such a young age is unheard of. I am told there are probably less than 5 children in the UK experiencing these symptoms. I have been in touch with a woman in the US called Judith Rapport who works for the NIMH. She has been very helpful.

Take Care MSD607. You are a true inspiration to anyone who reads your words.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Girl View Post
Thank you for you replies MSD607 and dreams in neon. I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my thread. It sounds as if you have both been through horrific experiences too. My daughter has seen a Professor of Psychiatry and a consultant psychiatrist - scizophrenia has been mentioned, but apparently not all her symptoms are not typical of scizophrenia. Even so they have not out ruled it either. It is also perhaps more difficult to assess due to her relatively young age. The questions they ask her often go above her head and indeed my own! She was diagnosed with central precocious puberty at 7 - which meant she started puberty very young. They think the hormones may have triggered the illness - which may have normally begun in the late teens or early twenties. I guess this may indicate it is scizophrenia, which I understand often begins in adolescence?

We saw the psychiatrist today and he has prescribed Ariprazole - they are also considering a planned admission to a children's psychiatric unit.

I wonder whether you would both be kind enough to answer some questions for me? When were you both diagnosed and how long did it take for the psychiatrist's to reach a diagnosis? How has this illness effected your lives in the longer term e.g education, jobs, realtionships with peers? When the hallucinations stop, are you able to rationlise them? Do you hear the voices inside or outside your head? I am sorry to ask so many questions of you both, but I do not know anyone in a similar situation to my daughter. My heart goes out to you both, as I have seen the impact of these voices and visions first hand on my own daughter. MSD607. I think you are right about the voices seeming more scarey at night. Two night ago my daughter was laying in bed and she heard a train coming towards her - she was so scared. There are days when the voices will say things to her, but she can just shrug it off - I guess you become used to them.

I am perhaps going into a very sensitive area, but on occasion my daughter has expressed a wish to die to make the voices stop. As she gets older I am worried about the risk of suicide. She is also afraid her voices may control her to harm someone or control someone to harm her. Maybe I am stepping over teh boundary, but do you mind me asking whether either of you have ever considered or attempted suicide as a result of your illness? I apologise if this causes any offence and you do not have to answer, as I realise it is very sensitive territory.

My good wishes to you both.

Michelle
I've been experiencing auditory hallucinations since the early 90s and was diagnosed with major depressive disorder (MDD) at that time. In 2006 after experiencing a severe manic/psychotic episode, I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. 12 months later, my diagnosis was changed to bipolar I disorder with rapid cycling and most recently changed again (to what my therapist and psychiatrist now feel is my correct diagnosis and one I've had since the early 90s) to atypical bipolar I disorder with ultradian rapid cycling.

My auditory hallucinations have been relatively stable until I was hospitalized in 2006 for my severe manic/psychotic episode. Ever since then, I experience severe hallucinations whenever I am manic or off of my meds.

As of late, my hallucinations have negatively affected my education as a university student. I had to withdraw for the semester because I was rapid cycling too much and having problems with auditory hallucinations and racing thoughts. Right now my psychiatrist and I are trying to work on getting me stabilized. He thinks a large part of why I've been unstable is due to the poor treatment I received from my last psychiatrist. I've been unstable for the past year and a half, but my new psychiatrist seems hopeful that the new med combo I'm on will help reduce my rapid cycling and hallucinations.

When my hallucinations end, I'm able to remember some, but not all of them. It's as if I drift in and out of reality and don't know what is real vs. what isn't real. Sometimes the voices sound so intense that I'm unable to tell whether or not someone is in the room with me. All of my voices (I hear 4 different voices) speak of death and dying, criticize me, argue with each other and comment on the things I do.

I came extremely close to committing suicide during my manic/psychotic episode in 2006. My voices tried to convince me to swallow an entire bottle of Tylenol, but fortunately, I had enough awareness (since I was drifting in and out of reality) to disobey them. I remember holding the bottle of Tylenol in my hand and thinking, "Should I do it? What if no one finds me here in my apartment? How long will it be before someone discovers what happened to me?" So many different thoughts were running through my head. I won't go into any more detail as to what happened, but let's just say that I came *very* close to losing my life that night.

Even now, I continually struggle with suicidal thoughts because of severe depression due to my bipolar. Since I rapid cycle (experience severe mood swings) on an hourly basis, it is very difficult for me to know how I will feel from one moment to the next. Every single day is a challenge, but I always try to take things one hour at a time.

When I hear voices, they sound as if they are coming outside of my head. They sound so real and as if someone else is in the room with me. When my hallucinations are especially severe, I can't tell the difference between my own voice and my hallucinations.

When I experienced my manic/psychotic episode in 2006, I heard as many as 20 different voices. They were the voices of my family, friends, strangers and even famous radio broadcasters.

I now only hear 4 differerent voices. Two are male and two are female. They are voices I don't recognize and as I mentioned before, they argue with each other, comment on and criticize me for the things I do. They are very loud, intense and scare me whenever I hear them.

If you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 01-09-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Girl View Post
Hi MSD607,

Thank you for such an honest and open response. You too are so young to be going through such an horrific experience. You sound a very mature and intelligent young woman and I am sure your family must be so proud of how you are managing your illness. Your response does indeed make me feel hopeful for my own child. I am so sorry that the medication is not managing your symptoms. Would you consider changing to another anti-psychotic medication? For my own daughter the meds. can control the voices and visions for a couple of weeks, but then they slowly begin to recur.

I am glad that you do have supportive people around you. For those who have walked away, they are perhaps scared of the unknown. You sound a wonderful human being and it is their loss - not yours.

When you have visions what type of things do you see? Have you ever experienced the feeling that things are crawling over you, as my daughter has?

When mu daughter is distressed by her voices and what she sees, I tell her it is not real, although I know it is real to her. I explain that it is as if she is having a dream, although she is wide awake. May I ask how long you have been hearing voices for?

I note that you are in the US. We live in the UK, where research into children with the symptoms my daughter is experiencing at such a young age is unheard of. I am told there are probably less than 5 children in the UK experiencing these symptoms. I have been in touch with a woman in the US called Judith Rapport who works for the NIMH. She has been very helpful.

Take Care MSD607. You are a true inspiration to anyone who reads your words.
Thank you so much for your kind words.

The voices started when I was about 16. It started one night pretty randomly when I was helping my little brother with his homework. Nothing happened to trigger it, I think it was just all the stress with school and applying to colleges that really made me "crack", so to speak. I've tried many different meds, and nothing seems to work. My doctor recently suggested that I could be resistant to meds, but my parents are not taking that as an answer, and they want me to keep trying with any med the doctor thinks could help even a little.

I do also have tactile hallucinations, which you said your daughter experiences as well. I feel things such as spiders crawling on me, people pinching me, people kicking me, etc. It's very scary when it happens.

Some things I see when I hallucinate visually are: blood on the walls, monsters, bugs crawling on the walls..and one time I saw Barack Obama in my backyard (I have to admit, that was pretty cool LOL). But it's extremely scary and especially being at school without my family is difficult, but I know I need to be there if I want to accomplish my dreams in life.

I think it's great that you have been able to get in contact with someone who works for a professional mental health center, even if she is so far away, because it's good to have someone on-call in case you have any questions, or need more advice on your daughter!! And just wondering- how did you know I'm from the US?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
(female)

Strawberry Girl HB User

Hi Dreams in Neon
Thank you so much for your honest and open reply to my questions. You too sound an amazing human being and my heart goes out to you for all you are suffering. As with MSD607 you are also an inspiration. You too sound articulate and are somehow able to rationalise this terrible illness.

My daughter's voices talk to her rather than to each other. I am told it is more common for the voices to speak to one another than to the person directly. They are critical, command her to do things and threaten her with harm. She experiences similar visual hallucinations to you. On one occasion she saw blood pouring down her teacher's face at school. I am also told that tactile hallucinations are not as common as others.

I am not familiar with the term 'rapid cycling'. would you kindly explain what this means? My daughter also has periods where she is restless, will not sit still and talks constantly. When I talk to her, it is as if she is too preocuppied to hear me. During these phases she can become highly irritable and volatile. I am not saying she is 'manic' but the behaviour is out of character. A lot of the time she appears 'normal', bright and articulate and I question whether she does have a mental illness, but then it sounds as if both you and MSD607 are both bright and articulate, despite the many difficulties you experience. Whether or not my daughter's illness will become progressively worse I do not know. It would be helpful to know what the diagnosis was!

Are you and MSD607 in touch with one another?

Take care and thank you so much for responding to my many questions. You are a very courageous and inspiring young woman.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
(female)

Strawberry Girl HB User

I am sorry MSD 607, I have become confused between what you said and what dreams in neon said, so apologies to both of you. It is coming into the early hours of the morning here in the UK and I have been up since 6:30.

I guessed you were from the US due to your use of language e.g fall and graduated high school.

I think your parents are right not to assume that you may be resistant to the medication. How many medications have you been on so far? My daughter was on risperidone up until 2 weeks ago. It did help initially, but then she begun to deteriorate so they continued to increase and then it would happen again and so on - until the side effects became overwhelming for her. Today they wrote a prescription for Aripiprazole. I will be hopeful this may help her. The meds have to be ordered, so we will not be able to begin it until next week. Please do not give up on finding the correct medication for you adn never lose sight of your dreams. The US is the land of opporunity - or it at least seems so in the UK. I think Barack Obama has proved that to be true - another person to inspire us.

Do you find that stressful situations can increase your hallucinations? Do your hallucinations come on without warning or do you feel a change in mood before you hear the voices/see visions?

I will be signing off for the night soon, but will come on line again tomorrow.

Take care MSD 607 and have peaceful night.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I have been on roughly 8 different medications. Some don't work at all, and some only subdue my symptoms for a little while, but then they slowly stop working and in about 2 weeks to a month I'm back to how I was before.

I know for a fact that stress increases the severity of my symptoms. Whenever I have a lot of school work or when I'm having problems with friends my symptoms seem to spiral out of control. When that does happen, I make sure to call my parents at home so they know what's going on--it's also a way for me to get things off my chest. Thankfully I've been home since the middle of December for winter break, and I don't go back to school until the end of January, so it's a nice stress-free break.

I hear voices practically all the time, so I don't really notice a change when I'm about to have an auditory hallucination. However; when I have a visual hallucination, it's normally because I'm angry, stressed, or upset about something. I get very hot and nervous and then I see scary things. Sometimes I have the visual hallucinations when I'm just sitting there watching t.v, or using the computer, which is even more terrifying because it's less expected and I'm not prepared for it.

I really hope the medications start working for your daughter!

Old 01-10-2009, 04:46 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello,

Rapid cycling is a term used to describe a person with bipolar disorder who has experienced 4 or more manic episodes per year. Some people rapid cycle every few days, some on a daily basis and others like myself on an hourly basis.

Just to clarify...I don't experience visual hallucinations -- only auditory hallucinations -- although when I was severely manic/psychotic in 2006, I kept seeing images in my mind of me bloodied and lying in the middle of the street after being hit by a car. Another time (also during my hospitalization) I kept seeing myself running for my life after constantly hearing the sound of bombs being set off.

I should mention that during my hospitalization in 2006 I also experienced auditory hallucinations where I heard myself coughing repeatedly. I had a fear of people poisoning my food and giving me food that I couldn't stand to eat. If I did not eat the food the hospital gave me, I was afraid one of the nurses would force it down my throat causing me to choke to death.

I still have fears of people poisoning me. In fact, I have 7 different types of paranoia (fear of people watching me through video cameras installed in my apartment, fear of someone calling the police for a crime I did not commit, fear of dying a slow and painful death, fear of someone poisoning my food, fear of losing complete touch with reality like I did in 2006, fear of listening to my voices tell me to harm myself and a fear of being followed). I live with paranoia every day and try to deal with it the best I can.

I forgot to mention that I take 4 different meds for my bipolar (soon to be 5) and one antipsychotic for my auditory hallucinations and paranoia. The antipsychotic works relatively well in keeping my auditory hallucinations from becoming too severe. I would say that while on meds, my auditory hallucinations and paranoia are moderate at the very worst and severe when I'm manic or off of my meds.

I wish you and your daughter success with the new med she was prescribed. Please continue to let us know how she is doing.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Last edited by dreams in neon; 01-10-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
(female)

Strawberry Girl HB User

Dreams and MSD 607, you are both such wonderful human beings. You are both so young and experiencing so much suffering and yet you are also on the Health Boards providing support and advice for others in similar situations to yourselves.

I do hope you will both find peace of mind one day. If either of you need a forum to off load, I can lend a listening ear via this board. Today I showed my daughter some of the posts on this site, including your own. She is only 9, but I think it does help for her to know that she is not alone.

Tonight she has been seeing wolves and fierce dogs in the bedroom. It is strange but she between these hallucinations she does mostly appear 'normal' (if such a thing exists!!). At times she can be moody and volitile or she can be very restless or distant - but when she is not hallucinating, it would not be obvious to others that there is anything wrong with her. Her hallucinations do become worse at night - I think this may be because she finds night time stressful. She often worries 'they' will come and get her. She does not want me to go to sleep, but be on 'duty' all night to ensure she is safe. Maybe the stress does cause the hallucinations be to become worse when she goes to bed. On another night the voices told her that they were going to take her soul. May I ask if either of you expereince any OCD behaviours? This was one of the first signs that my child was unwell as she completed odd and bizarre routines - which she said the voices commanded her to do. If she did not do them then they would threaten to harm her.

Take care MSD and Dreams and thank you both for your detailed but painful insight into to your illnesses.

I will be in touch again very soon.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

MSD607 HB User

I'm so happy I could help you and your daughter.

I have had minor to mild OCD for as long as I can remember. I know medications like Zoloft can help minor OCD symptoms, and that is really the only medication that has worked for me.

I know exactly how your daughter feels when you say you have to "be on duty"; I used to have my mom do the same thing for me. For some reason the nighttime frightens me, and knowing or even just thinking someone is up (even though I'm sure my mom fell asleep) really reassures me.

I hope your daughter gets well soon; please let us know how she is doing!!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

It saddens me terribly to read the story of your 9 year old daughter because I know exactly what she is going through. Please tell her that as someone who also hears voices, she's not alone and I'm sending plenty of hugs her way!

I don't experienece any OCD behaviors (as far as I know). My voices don't command me (with the exception of the voices I heard during my last severe manic/psychotic episode). Instead, they argue with each other, criticize me for the decisions I make and comment on the things I do.

However, when I started hearing voices in the early 90s, they did command me -- all of the time in fact. I heard a distinct male and female voice. Both of them used to gang up on me and threaten to kill me if I didn't do what they told me. The more I tried ignoring them, the louder, angrier and more intense they became. My pdoc at the time put me on Lithium in hopes of relieving the voices, but it didn't help.

It's interesting that your daughter's voices become worse at night. I've found the same to be true. Although I hear voices in the daytime as well, I'm able to distract myself with other activities so the voices don't seem so powerful. At night when I'm trying to sleep, it's quiet and if I've had a stressful or long day, the voices come back with a vengeance.

I wish you and your daughter success with her new med. It breaks my heart that she is suffering this way (no child should have to experience auditory or visual hallucinations).

I know it's easier said than done, but try to hang in there. If you're patient, I'm sure your daughter's pdoc will find a med to help reduce or eliminate her hallucinations.
Prozac 40mg
Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)

Closed Thread