It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

mike2345 HB User
is my girlfriend bipolar?

not sure and scared to ask her but ill try to explain some things

first off we started off great we were full on in love then out of no where she said she cant be with me after a month(we have known each other for over a year prior to getting together) she said she just wants to be alone and it crushed me

so i wait it out for 2 months trying to work things out and it seemed like a no go so i finally just went on with my life moved on and got with a new girl and with in a month of being with this new girl she came to me begging for me back and i hesitated but eventually fell weak to my hearts feelings and took her back and we went on happy for the next 6 months even discussing marriage

then out of no where she does it again only this time its harder because we were living together and i grew attached to her kids and they felt the same about me...she gave me the same story of wanting to be alone

she has alot of things going on in her life full time student and works full time on top of having 3 kids and trying to buy a house

since we split up(its been a week today) we still talk on the phone and what gets me the most is she still tells me she loves me and she misses me and she thinks we can work this out but for some reason she dont want to see me in person

like i said we had a great thing going we didnt even argue i did everything i could including stepping in as a father figure for her kids but she would just go into these bad moods and be really distant from me for no reason and then the next day things would be fine and finally it led her to leaving me again

basicly i want her back and i do want to work things out but at the same time how do i go about telling her i think she needs help im scared she will be mad and she will be offended

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User
Re: is my girlfriend bipolar?

Mike, Im sure you know her better than anyone at this point right? There could be a possibilty that she is Bipolar or and there is something else going on that she doesnt want you to know about since you stated that she would only talk to you over the phone and not see you in person. Befor she left the first time did anything change about her,did she find new friends,talk on the phone more than usual,habbits,aditude and so on? Any info you can give would help.

The Following User Says Thank You to RANDOL For This Useful Post:
mike2345 (01-28-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
(male)

mike2345 HB User

she was becoming friends with another guy awile after we split up the first time other than that im not really sure i know then to she avoided talking to me as much as possible and seeing each other in person was unheard of i really dont think this is a case of another man at all i think she may want me back but is scared how her family will look at her after doing this to me again especially after already putting her kids through the hurt

Old 01-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
(male)

Mike, I understand what your talking about my friend, mabe the issue is just with her and if you do happen to take her back this time,yall need to sit down and have a major talk about what yall want for eachother and that too many hurt has already been done and that this is it,last chance for her to totaly commit or be on her way. After that talk you will find out her weather she will stay or not. I hope i didnt offend you in anything i had said or made what i said pushy lol. Ive been in your shoes before so make the best of it my friend.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
(male)

mike2345 HB User

no none taken im here for advice and opinions and thats what you did so thanks

Last edited by mike2345; 01-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
(male)

Hey Mike, anytime bro take care.

Closed Thread