It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

mmmk HB User
treatment in france

Hello all
Just wondered if anyone could advise me,my mum has Bi-polar (diagnosed 4 years ago) she spent some time in hospital and is now on various meds (including lithium) However, 3 years ago she moved to rural France to get away form the 'hustle and bustle' of this country. My question is about the support in France,she seems to have NONE,literally its just her GP and he sees her like every 3 months AND THATS IT! So as far as I'm aware she is on the same meds (she also self medicates with lots of alcohol.) Im concerned that she is becoming unwell of late and i feel totally helpless and very concerned about what will happen.
Has anyone got any advice they could offer about who i can turn to?
Thank you

Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
(male)

bprapcyc HB Userbprapcyc HB Userbprapcyc HB Userbprapcyc HB Userbprapcyc HB Userbprapcyc HB User
Re: treatment in france

Mmmk, do you have health clinics by you? Sometimes, there are programs available for people whom have bipolar family members. Here in the United States, several are run by the "Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance" also called DBSA. I believe that the "MDF the Bipolar Organization" is an option for you in Great Britain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
(female)

mmmk HB User
Re: treatment in france

Thank you so much for you're response,i will look into it. I need to do something as i'm so very worried about her I wish she would move back here and get the ongoing support she needs but its just not an option for her

Closed Thread