It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
(male)

limeridge123 HB Userlimeridge123 HB User
Understanding

I have a girfriend she has bipolar. She does that light ever morning which a lot of you people probably know. Her moods change so fast we could be great say going to her parents, than change after its all done. We go out places it's fine then just like that she chages. How do I take all of this at once can someone help me out. I just want to understand her and make sure a lot of it is not just her being like that. I do have epilepsy and yes I get my moods very fast to. Thats why I don't know if it's me or just how she gets.

Can someone out there help thnks Limeridge.....

Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
(female)

ksong74 HB User
Re: Understanding

I've changed mood like your gf in those kinds of situations. For me, I'm stablized on medication, but I think in my case social anxiety is involved. Maybe she gets wiped out during social situations or going out in public. I know I do. I don't know if this helps though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Limeridge,

It sounds like your gf is a rapid cycler, meaning that she can shift from manic to depressed several times a day all throughout the day. There's quite a difference from mania and a girl just acting like "she's in a mood" you should be able to tell the difference. I would seriously hope she's not playing the "BP" card on you. Generally when one is manic they are happy, giddy, talking fast, thinking really fast, changing ideas constantly, jumping around perhaps, things of this nature, when one cycles into depression there can be quiet, sadness, sleepyness, insomnia, loss of appetite, things of this nature. Hope you can get it figured out. As one who has a seizure disorder and BiPolar myself, I know you don't need the stress of trying to figure this out.

Good luck and take care.
Kat

Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
(male)

Thansk very much there thats all I wanted to know. Like today we chatted at home which is the worst. Going out were fine when shes home watch out. Her moods change so fast. She could go do her things but when shes done it's kind of like ok where are you going. Meaning she dont want to just stay home alone. It's just that her mood changes so fast what can I do

Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Honestly is she's rapid cycling there isn't anything you can do. Is she under the care of a psychiatrist or on medication? If not she really should consider it, those are the only things that are going to help her get her life under control.

Take care.

Kat

Old 03-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Honestly is she's rapid cycling there isn't anything you can do. Is she under the care of a psychiatrist or on medication? If not she really should consider it, those are the only things that are going to help her get her life under control.

Take care.

Kat

Yes I see what you are saying yes we could say today we're going say a mall, 10 minutes later she might say did you want to go to my moms. Thwen I will say I thought we were going to the mall then she says oh right yes lets go there. Yes she does take pills for her problem. Also she has thoose light therop ones. But yes she does see a dr for thoose problems.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
(male)

Hi there kat, been awhile. I have noticed my girlfriend is on meds and she has changed a lot because of the work going better for her i thank you for all your help

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-22-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Format corrected.

Closed Thread