It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

Luv2Travel HB User
Question about bipolar family member.

My brother was diagnosed as bipolar in the last few years. I don't see him that often, but his mood has generally been good over the years. However, in the last few months he seems really down and has taken issue with things that happened when he was a child and teenager (20+ years ago). I think our parents did a great job raising us, but he thinks they could have done a better job and he is angry with them. He doesn't have any children of his own, so doesn't realize what a challenge it is to raise children. I'm not certain if the therapist is encouraging the anger toward our parents, but it doesn't seem very healthy or productive to keep holding onto all of those bad feelings. My brother is also extremely sensitive and we have to be very careful what we say to him and how we say it. I love my brother and my parents and don't want their relationship to suffer. Could any of this be related to his bipolar? Is there anything I could be doing to help him? Could it be that his meds aren't working? Thanks for any input!!

Closed Thread