It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
(male)

baller74 HB User
Exclamation help my wife and i through her disease!

hello!! my wife has been diagnosed with depression since she was a child,from wat i know she lived a decent life! out at a camp with tons of family n friends! kinda of lonely at home,spent lots of time byherself,preg at 18,father left her,met another man,had daughter,he was sexually abusive from what i understand,we met had a rough time in beginning of relationship,i would leave,kinda swinging door on her house! we would fight,n make up,fight n make up so on n so forth! finally we got back together,n everything was awesome,had 2 kids,awesome!! lived a normal,happy life!! in 04 approx it all started! she takes her sis to hosp,for treatment,nurse or someone tells her she should go get evald for bi-polar,so she does,fam dr cant help but refers her to physch(dont know if i spelld rite but think u get it!) puts her on lamictal,lithium,lexapro,all sorts of meds! he ups the dose,lowers the dose etc etc! after while we got rid of him(p.o.s.!)chrissy was not the same now,withdrawn,didnt like social events,very depressed all the time,didnt know how to help! lookd up advice,nothing workd! she spent time in hosp,with no luck! i started feeling withdrawn from her,frustrated,confused,hopeless,i driftd away from her,i committd the ultimate sin n regret it completely,we r somewhat by it i believe,thats what she tells me!now its been a ruff 2 years since infidelity happened,A LONG 2 YRS! now we r trying to work on comm,i think she went to a new dr to get another opinion and she said chrissy has bi-polar n wants her to take lamictal! sorry for being long winded,but i do not believe she is bi-polar i know she has depression,regardless i just want to help her help us!! i love her so very much, i made a huge mistake and im trying to understand her! i just want to know how a dr can diagnose someone she has never seen in her life with bi-polar in an hours time!! my wife is the type of woman that when she gets an idea in her head she runs with it n it snowballs!! anyone with bi-polar or who knows someone please help me help us!! any advice for me on how to live n help my wife with depression n/or bi-polar! thank you for your time!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User
Re: help my wife n i through her disease!

I read your post and I do agree with you that it should take a dr longer than an hour to diagnose a patient being bi-polar. The depression part I can understand usually thats not so hard to diagnose. I was being treated for depression and post traumatic stress disorder(after my mom died when I was only 26). During the course of SEVERAL years they kept changing my meds because it seemed like they would work for a little while then I would be right back in that DEEP BLACK HOLE not knowing how to get out. I knew I couldn't do it on my own so I went back to my dr for another evaluation and thats when they diagnosed me being bi-polar because I would have EXTREME mood swings. My dr put me on depakoteER it is a mood stabilizer and it has been my saving grace. Of course I have to take it with 40mg of prozac and I do still have some rough days but NOTHING like I used to. Maybe you could suggest depakoteER and see if it makes a difference. Please keep me posted. Also remember this board is an awesome place to write because we all REALLY do care about each other and we are always here to help. Until next time hang in there and TAKE CARE!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
(male)

baller74 HB User
Re: help my wife n i through her disease!

thnx tinkerbell,will do ill tlk to my wife bout depakote,i dont think she has taken that!!

Closed Thread