It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
(female)

in a frazzle HB User
my 23 yr old son is angry & depressed

my 23 yr old son has so much anger & i walk on eggshells trying to talk to him cause it always windes up an argument.he was married last yr but she cheated on him already & they broke up & he moved back with me & my hubby.he's 1 of the ''good guys'' that always finish last.he wants a perfect ''happy family''.he has a 1 yr old with her & he missed her alot when they were sepperated,so he decided to try 1 more time with her for that reason.but he's already depressed being back with her.they are moving to a rental house next week.she is only 18 & very immature.her family has alot of drama ,especially her mom.i wish he woulda never got mixed up in a family like that but now he's stuck cause they have a child .he was diagnosed with ADD in the 1st grade but never stayed on meds.he told me last night he has nobody to talk to(not even me).i raised him on my own,his dad is an alcoholic & was never really in his life.his dad is trying to be now but he won't let him in cause he still has so much anger built up inside him.his dad still drinks but tries not to around him cause it always windes up him cursing out his dad when he comes to town to visit him.i told him i would sit & listen if he wants to talk.we found out he can get counceling with his insurance thru work & he actually wants to go talk to someone & let everything out.i'm sooooo worried he will do something stupid.how can i help him,i feel helpless.can he maybe be bi-polar?i just was on the phone with him & told him about this site.he has got to talk to some1 before he explodes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: my 23 yr old son is angry & depressed

I think you are on the right track to encourage him to seek counseling. He really needs someone other than family to talk to. I doubt that he's bi-polar. I think he's very upset and confused right now and really doesn't know what he should do. Hopefully, some counseling will help him with strategies to handle his unfortunate situation. It's always worse when there's a child involved. I wish you both well

Old 05-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

in a frazzle HB User
Re: my 23 yr old son is angry & depressed

thanks rudiraven.he actually got a card for free counceling thru his insurance from his boss yesterday.i'm glad he sees he needs to let averything out.i noticed u said u doubt if he is bipolar,i went to a site & looked at the symptoms & took a quiz & he fit EVERY one of the 10 questions.scared me when i saw that.i hope he's not either.

Closed Thread