It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
(male)

Hippocratees HB User
Mandatory Mental Evaluation...?

Allow me to introduce myself... I am an old man (60 yrs old) living in the state of Texas (I mention my location for possible legal purposes). I am a normal, kind, God-Fearing, person. That's not a brag... that's just a fact.

Allow me to introduce my older sister... she is a pathological, hatefull, evil, mean-spirited, substance abusing, witch. That is not liable or slander... that's just a fact.

I was so glad to leave home at 18... I said to myself "I wont have to deal with her anymore...hooray!!" She didn't give up easy... trying to stay in touch...sending me letters about how she wanted to shoot her husband in the head with a gun... etc etc. I finally explicately told her to cease and desist. I told her... do not call me on the phone; do not send me letters; do not come by to visit; do not think about me; do not think about talking to me or dealing with me in any manner...forever. For the most part, this worked for about forty years. I have never been to her house for "a visit"; and the one and only time she tried to visit me... I refused to allow her to come into my house. Sounds extreme to you? Well, you just dont know how crazy she really is!!

But then, last year, my Dear Ol Dad... he passed away. During the last six months of his life, my older sister made his life miserable trying to take control of him, of his affairs, of his medical issues, of everything. It was certifiable Elder Abuse.

The last time he was in the hospital, (before he finally passed away at home)... he got into a fight with my older sister, at the hospital. She wanted to tell him what to do; and he wanted her to leave him alone; and she threatened to have him sent to an old folks home if he didnt follow her orders. This is verifiable--my Uncle told me so--my little sister told me so.

He told her to just go to hell; he told her to get the freak out. Next thing I know is...I get a phone call from my little sister who lives out of town; and she tells me that there is some kind of problem at the hospital, and I will need to be the one to go "check him out".

No problem... I thought the witch was taking care of him, but if there was a problem, then I would be glad to help... so I did...I went to pick him up...to check him out...to take him home. No problem?

So, I'm sitting in his room when the "Head Nurse" and one of the "Administrators" of the hospital come storming into his room and tell me to "get out...we need to talk to your father, in private!!" What the heck!??

After they left, I went back in and asked my Dear Ol Dad; my extremely ill and near death Dear Ol Dad...what was that all about? He told me that my older sister was still having her fit... that she had gotten on the phone and called the hospital, and told them not to release or check out her father to anyone except to her!! They told her that her brother was there to take him home; and she proceeded to tell them... "my brother is a dangerous alcoholic drug addict and he shouldnt be allowed to take control of my father!!"

Of course...this is a lie. I do drink a little; just about as much as you probably do. I don't do any drugs...I even hate to take aspirin, unless I have to. This is my older sisters pattern... lying and cheating and stealing etc etc.
She is a pathological liar. She is a thief. A crazy person.

My Dear Ol Dad; he says to me... "She really is crazy, isnt she?" And I say to him..."yea Dad, like I have always been trying to tell you all these years...yes, she really is CRAZY".

Well, anyway... my Dear Ol Dad... he soon did pass away.

And the first thing my older sister did was she completely lost her mind, when she found out that in the will, my Dear Ol Dad...he made my "little sister" the Executor of his Estate. My crazy older sister immediately came to town, and went to my Dad's bank, and drew out (stole) all of his money!!! She said that the only reason for this is because she was afraid that the little sister was going to steal it all. What???

I tried to have my older sister arrested. But my little sister is a "Suffering Christian" who believes in forgiveness; and so a lawyer was hired; and six months later... we finally got most of the money back.

Im so sorry, for this long drawn out story. Here, finally, is my question to you. I have already done research about having my older sister legally and forceably locked up for mental evaluation... for three days... for 72 hours... to have her evaluated and drug tested. Her actions surely do deserve it.

I have done research about The Baker Act; which is a generic general lockup, for general mental evaluation. I have done research about The Marchment Act; which is a specific lockup for people with substance abuse. However I suspect my older sister of being guilty of both... general insanity and drug abuse. At least, that's what the professionals will call it. I personally prefer to refer to her as simply... a mean spirited, evil, hateful witch!!

Can anyone give me advice??...how to proceed, in the State of Texas with having my crazy older sister taken into custody, and forced into evaluation and counceling and medication?

Is there a specific mental health organization that I should refer myself to? Will I need a lawyer?

--Hippocratees

Last edited by Hippocratees; 05-25-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: Mandatory Mental Evaluation...?

Quote:
sitting in his room when the "Head Nurse" and one of the "Administrators" of the hospital come storming into his room and tell me to "get out...we need to talk to your father, in private!
All you had to say to them is "my father wants me to stay and hear whatever you are so anxious to tell him, right Dad"? Unless he gave the "evil" sister Power of Attorney/Executor of his Estate for all his medical and financial needs, which does not seem to be the case (according to the following paragraph), you had every right to say with him.

Quote:
he made my "little sister" the Executor of his Estate. My crazy older sister immediately came to town, and went to my Dad's bank, and drew out (stole) all of his money!!!
Not Possible in any sense of the word. Your younger sister had to have let this happen - otherwise, said bank would be totally responsible and in Deep doo doo!

Good Luck!

Quote:
Here, finally, is my question to you. I have already done research about having my older sister legally and forceably locked up for mental evaluation... for three days... for 72 hours... to have her evaluated and drug tested.
Don't know about Texas; however in California it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to have someone become the number 5150 unless they specifically state that the are either suicidal or homicide to an emergency room doctor, a therapist or even a cop/sheriff. And, even if you were to have that accomplished, what is the point in the long run???? They will only keep her (if admitted) for 3 days or perhaps even longer, say -- maybe 30 days. Afterwhich -- she is released and even CRAZIER AND MORE VINCICTIVE THAN BEFORE. She just may try and shoot you in the head instead of her poor husband.

BOTTOM LINE: Do Nothing, as nothing good will come of this very sad and dysfunctional situation/family. Just make sure that you have directives in place if you are ever in a similar situation as your fathers - specifically stating that she is to be kept at least 50 yards away from you at all times(restraining order if necessary)
As I had said earlier -- this is more along the lines of California Law - know nothing regarding Texas, but have to believe that the laws are fairly similar.

Wish I could have been more help, as you do appear to need all the help you can get!

The following user gives a hug of support to amyd:
Hippocratees (05-26-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:
dee088 (08-27-2011), Hippocratees (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

In order to commit someone they have to be a danger to themselves or others- not mental danger but physical. I have committed 2 people due to my job and it is very difficult. You have to have evidence from a doctor that thy are not safe to care for themselves.

I'm sorry you have to go through this so far you have done thr right thin- distanced your self from your sister.

Don't open her letters, get caller ID and don't answer the phone calls. Get an order of protection or trespass order agaiinst her so she can't come over.

I know you want to help her but some people are beyond help with their personality disorders.

Hope everything get's better for you

Pup

The following user gives a hug of support to pupcake:
Hippocratees (05-27-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pupcake For This Useful Post:
dee088 (08-27-2011), Hippocratees (05-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

I agree with pupcake. Your sister is crazy and the only way for her to be forced to take meds is by court order. I am sorry for your fathers passing. It is hard. But stay away from craziness at all cost. I wish the baby sis and you the best!

Closed Thread