It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

KREgirl09 HB UserKREgirl09 HB User
Bipolar Mystery

I have a loved one who suffers from Bipolar disorder, Anxiety, and Depression. He is on several medications including; Lithium, Risperdal, Saphris, and Zoloft. Yesterday, my S.O. (Significant Other) wasn't feeling well all day. He was moody and very fatigue. He told me later that day that he was having "bad thoughts" and that he felt a significant amount of rage building up and was scared. He has been outwardly violent before, so I was very alarmed but talked to him until it passed and told him to contact his doctor immediately! I was wondering if anyone with Bipolar or loved one who has Bipolar has ever experienced violent thoughts or rage that came out of nowhere?

P.S. I would like to note that these thoughts, feelings, and behaviors tend to happen when he's anxious, sick or in pain. Does anyone know if there is a "trigger" between his Bipolar and these events?

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
(male)

Breezin HB User
Re: Bipolar Mystery

My wife had some rage before she started treatment for being bipolar. Nothing violent- just uncontrolled anger, mostly involving yelling until red in the face, slamming doors, etc. Does he see a doctor on a fairly regular basis? If so, does he let him know that he has had these "bad thoughts"? Bipolar and other mental illnesses have associated behaviors which are bad enough in there own right. But violence is in another category altogther. Usually violence is associated with untreated bipolar, so are you sure he is taking his meds? Perhaps his medication needs to be changed. You really need to be careful when it comes to someone acting violently. He could be a danger to himself or others around him. This isn't something to be taken lightly. I hope the best for you.

Last edited by Breezin; 06-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
(female)

KREgirl09 HB UserKREgirl09 HB User
Re: Bipolar Mystery

Yes, I'm sure he takes his medicine. That is something that is watched regularly. We are in the process of talking to his doctor. Perhaps, the medication isn't strong enough, or not doing it's job.
Thanks for your help and concern.

Closed Thread