It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

nubianqueen82 HB User
i think my new BF may have this disorder, i need help

hey, i recently started dating this wonderful man a few weeks ago, we have been friends for 5 months before we decided to take the next step on being gf adn bf. he acts so weird and its like he doesnt think on certain things. For example, he has had angry outbursts and stomred out of the house after arguments and doesnt seem to think rational at those times.
at times he will also be so paranoid and think i am cheating on him and so on even before qwe decided to ba togehter, the other day we had a great day holding hands and being so hapy and telling me how much he loved me then the next day everything had changed and was saying he didnt wanna b with me, i mean this goes on and off and am so confused! i dont know whether to stay or just give up , but when he's good, he is really good to me and treats me like a queen. somebody tell me if this is bipolar or wht is going on. i relly do care for him so so much

The following user gives a hug of support to nubianqueen82:
nightingale00 (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User
Re: i think my new BF may have this disorder, i need help

mite be paranoid schitzophrenic...my ex did that sorta, rite outta the blue, only one day he approached me said you hate me, u think Im crap, why are u with me,,,I backed up saying I love u why would u think those things, if I thought that I wouldnt be with u! honey I love you, and he hit me in the face...our baby was 1 week old... then he reckoned he never did it, but I reckon he knew...I think he had paranoid attack...he used to take schitzo med, but said it was only for a sleep disorder, but I think there was more to it that he didnt say...maybe your bf doesnt know whats wrong with him, but you probly on right track..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
(male)

Breezin HB User
Re: i think my new BF may have this disorder, i need help

Bipolar is just a label used by the mental health care industry. There isn't anyone here on this website who can tell you wether or not your BF is bipolar, has a mental illness of another name, or perhaps is just showing bad behavior. It takes a few meetings with a professional before a diagnosis is usually made. Even then, it is just an educated guess, as it's not an exact science as is diagnosing someone with cancer or diabetes. The best I can tell you is to see if he will see a licensed professional for his behavior. If he won't, please beaware that problems such as those you described don't typically get better as a relationship evolves. If does have a mental illness, without treatment, it would probably only get worse. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread