It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
(female)

Holly Home HB User
How can I find help

My son in law has been displaying the symptoms of bi polar for about 6 years since having a sever immune disorder. As a family we have noticed some disturbing behavior but we had no clue what was really going on. He was diagnosed 6 months ago and has been taking medication what seemed to help at first. He and my daughter have kept this a secret until recently when it became almost impossible. He has been very verbally abusive to my daughter which we also did not know. Last week he became physically abusive and the police were called and now there is a restraining order. It was revealed that he has been hiding sever drinking problems which now explain his staggering and other symptoms. He is desperate to get treatment and has taken a medical leave from work. He was turned town by the first and what appeared to be the best option and has been having trouble connecting with his doctor, has to go through the nurse. I can see that he is getting discouraged and so is his family. With the no contact order he can't discuss anything with his wife. My question is how can one find a good in patient treatment center for both addiction and bi polar. I am afraid if his doctor doesn't return his phone call by Monday he will totally give up.

Any advice appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: How can I find help

Hello Holly,

Have you considered the state mental health association in your locale?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread