It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
(male)

Incantare HB User
Depression...

My girlfriend's mother suffers from depression, again. She had a very bad episode in January and had to be hospitalized for 3 weeks, her blood pressure was almost at 200!! She could not talk, could not sleep, could not eat or do anything. She didn't make sense when she would talk (talked very rarely). So this happened again last week and we went to the doctor and he said to .. .do some exercise.

So I am wondering what we could do. She doesn't want to take her medication, she can't really go out or do anything. She stares and is completely unresponsive 22hours out of the day, and the 2 other hours she limps to the washroom or go sit on the floor behind the couch and talk nonsense. The doctors don't really put a priority on it so I am wondering why? Is there anything to do or do we have to wait until it gets better to try anything? I'd rather not have her go to the hospital again as they let us know that they would take her but basically they don't really want to...

Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User
Re: Depression...

Get in touch with the hospital that she was in and January and ask for advice. They should be able to steer you in the right direction, professionals in this mental health area need to be informed of whats going on. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
(male)

Incantare HB User
Re: Depression...

estelle454

We did and they said that once the patient is let go, they can't do anything, unless the person comes back again. Doctor advised her to check in emergency.

Closed Thread