It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Should I discuss the behaviour

My cousin has bipolar. Sometimes her behaviour is outrageous towards people who are close to her. every time i deal with her i am insulted. She has had a few hospitalisations. I have taken care of her a few times. On time she slapped me. Lately i found myself pulling away from her because the life is chaotic. I wanted to talk to her about her behavour but then i think i will be wasting my time as the few times i did nothing came out of it. Does anyone know how to deal with this problem as Iam about to throw in the towel. This is partly because i also have been having my problems to deal with as well and i don't need a lot of stress. I am going through menopause.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Should I discuss the behaviour

I have a cousin who is schizophrenic and lives in a nursing home. It is difficult with her behavior too and she is on medication. Is your cousin taking her medication and does she have any other place to stay that could help her? You could call social services. I'm not sure how old she is but I know my uncle and aunt are in their 80's and get very stressed about her actions and I started writing to her and she has really started different behaviors and they told me to stop writing to her. Mental illness is so hard to deal with especially a family member or friend. Best wishes. I wouldn't allow her to hit you in any way and that should be a definite boundary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread