It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

mehappy HB User
Does anyone's spouse have issues with anger and rage?

My husband has major issues with anger and rage. He has clinical depression but sometimes I dont even notice that and the anger and rage is what really gets to me.
There are times, thankfully not at the moment, when he gets into such terrible fits of rage that I am terrified (thank g-d it has not happened in a long time). I know that he will not hit me, but he has thrown things in my general direction.

Now, before anyone tells me to run as far away as possible and get the hell away from him, I am not going to do that. Right now, thank g-d, he is in a good place, but I wanted to know what other spouses do when and if their spouse does get this way.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Re: Does anyone's spouse have issues with anger and rage?

My husband was the same exact way. He would have a fit if there was a lampshade crooked, or dust on something. Just last year he started acting very depressed, and just not himself, because of some financial issues and other things we were going through. This led him to have and affair for a few weeks! I found out what was going on and the doc diagnosed him as being bipolar. Said that he slipped into a manic episode with hypersexuality (meaning he didn't care who, when, or where), because of all the stress and problems we were having in our marriage due the financial stuff, and also his anger and rage. We would argue all the time! He also never physically hit me, but like you, he did throw things in my direction, punch holes in doors, kick things across the room, etc. I'd strongly look into a diagnosis if I were you. He sounds ALOT like my husband. Good luck dear! Fox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
(male)

sylink HB User
Re: Does anyone's spouse have issues with anger and rage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehappy View Post
My husband has major issues with anger and rage. He has clinical depression but sometimes I dont even notice that and the anger and rage is what really gets to me.
There are times, thankfully not at the moment, when he gets into such terrible fits of rage that I am terrified (thank g-d it has not happened in a long time). I know that he will not hit me, but he has thrown things in my general direction.

Now, before anyone tells me to run as far away as possible and get the hell away from him, I am not going to do that. Right now, thank g-d, he is in a good place, but I wanted to know what other spouses do when and if their spouse does get this way.
My wife has had a history of violence and lately diagnosed as paranoid schizo. This year alone she is been admitted three times since she refuses her medication. As I type this word am carrying a year old baby in my arms. many nights I cry over the frustration of having a spouse who gets all supports from me alone and would treat me as worthless all day long.

Closed Thread