It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
(male)

robinhood2002 HB User
Help with dealing with someone

I am currently taking care of a woman with either bipolar or borderline personality disorder. I have gotten her to take omega 3 pills for 2 weeks now and it has helped a lot but not totally solved the problem. I cannot take care of her properly because while I would like to take her to the doctor to get meds, she has threatened that if anything goes wrong she and her mother will sue me or make up something and charge me or whatever. I do not want to take care of her anymore, she is ruining my own life, but basically this form of blackmail she is using has kept me between a hard place and a rock. I can't try to get her help and I can't send her back to her parents, it is the same threat she gives me for either one. The main reason I have not taken forceful action to try to send her back is my parents-they do not know I have been taking care of this person and they would be extremely hurt and angry with me for going against their advice to do so. She has forced me to lie to them but they would blame me. It would destroy my relationship with them and hurt both me and them terribly. I have really dug myself a hole and don't see anyway out.

Does anyone know if the omega 3 fatty acids could totally solve the problem over time? I have heard it can in 8 weeks, or 3 months, or no it can't. She is taking 2 pills of fish oil a day, 1200 mg per pill but I believe just 900 mg of omega 3's per pill. I really hate her and just want her out of my life but I don't want to complicate things for me, my family, or destroy any career I could have with a bunch of false charges and legal bs. We used to be friends long distance but there has just been no upside to this relationship in person at all, not after over a year of this forced madness. I am trying to get started in a professional field but she has forced me to stay in a place I hate, go to a lame school which was about the worst I could have picked, that hasn't helped, and now I can't really move because she is so picky and she hates everything, including where we are now of course. If I could tell my parents I know I could help solve my problems but believe me when I say I just can't seem to at all, it is impossible for me to pull up the nerve and risk my relationship with them. I appreciate any support, and also if there is any information on the omega 3s. If you could tell me if they actually eliminate the problem in a definite period of time that would be about the best news I could use I think.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-21-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Help with dealing with someone

Hi Robin,
I don't know how old you are and what your living situation is but I wouldn't allow anyone to blackmail me emotionally and cause stress in my life. If she is threatening you with lawsuits, etc., she is toxic and you need to ask for help. I don't know your parents but most parents would help their child if they needed help and wouldn't allow anyone to hurt them. Do you have any other support or friends or church you can ask for help or talk to. Stand up for yourself and be free. Do they hold financial money for you to go to school and do you live in their home? Anyone with mental problems needs a therapist and medicine and I don't think fish oil will help this person. Please reach out for help and enjoy the years ahead of you and be free to be who you want to me without someone holding you hostage and taking away your peace of mind. God bless you.

Closed Thread