It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
(female)

Mindy12 HB User
Help for my bipolar/schizophrenic son

My son is 37 years old. He is taking Quetiapine and Mirtazapine. He was diagnosed with 'schizophrenia or a deep depression about 12 year ago', but he says he is bipolar. It took the UK doctor about 18 months to find the right drug combination and then my son was able to get a job. But he became psychotic again and prob stopped taking his meds too. Then he seemed OK but began self harming for a few years. Then he began to think that men were staring at him inappropriately. Three years ago he thought his dad was also doing this - he lives with him;he had to move out and he was given a drug by injection which made him very ill. Now, he won't change his current meds, he is too scared, and he will not leave his house (he's with his dad again, but they do not speak) he just chain smokes and plays video games. He chats to me on Skype about things that interest him, but he is confined to his room, by choice. His life seems to be over and I don't know how to help him. My ex has not spoken to me for years and I do not know what is 'real'. When I visit him I have to meet up with him in a coffee shop, or a friend's house, and he finds this very hard. He is too anxious and scared to travel here any more.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Help for my bipolar/schizophrenic son

Hey,
You are not alone. My son is sick too.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, bipolar, schizophrenia