It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

lovebug118 HB User
pathological lying - need advice.

I just found out that the man I have been dating for the last 7 months is a pathological liar with sociopath tendencies. When I say this man has lied about literally EVERYTHING that has come out of his mouth, I am not even exaggerating. His lying would range from really small lies such as where he was that day to lying about going to college, having a great job, stealing etc. I am at a loss for words as I love him so much and it makes me sick to my stomach to now know that anything he has ever told me has never been the truth. I have already broken up with him as obviously I do not want to stay with him if he lies about everything. I can't trust him at all. Even after all of this, I feel more sorry for him than I do for myself.

The ONLY thing I do not think he is lying about is the fact that he loves. I know he loves me, he has shown me that he loves me. I was wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation as this one? Should I cut him out of my life completely or stay in his life as a friend and support him to try and get help. Also - if anyone is a pathological liar can you please tell me how we can help him? His sister is the one who told me he is a pathological liar and that her and her family do not know what to do. I want to help them as I have gotten so close with them as well as my love for their son.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: pathological lying - need advice..

cut your losses....trying to stay in his life even as a friend will just cause you pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread