It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
(male)

Icareforher HB User
In a relationship with a rape victim. I love her. I to help her

Hi,
I have been dating this wonderful woman for 3 months . In a night where there was a lot of alcohol and she drank a little too much, she told me and a group of 3 friends (one of which already knew) that she was raped when she was 13. She is 19 now and she has told me that she has not told her parents, she tried to seek hep from the school she was raped at but they denied that ever happened and were not of great help and since then she has been raped other times. She has not told anyone, except that her ex my friend and now I. She was young when that happened and she did not have help so she tried to prove that she was over it so she was promiscuous when she was young. Now, she tells me that she regrets every action that she ever took, I believe her.
Its been 3 months now and I love her, i really do. She is the most caring, selfless person I have ever meet. She loves everyone yet she thinks that everyone is going to hurt her at the end. She trust no one. She has low self stem, she has many other problems (being cheated on, parents divorcing, etc). I am willing to do anything for her. I love her. Can you guys please share experiences, idea, thoughts of how I can help her or what can I do.

Thank you so much!

The following user gives a hug of support to Icareforher:
Phoenix (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: In a relationship with a rape victim. I love her. I to help her

Hello Icareforher,

The best thing you can do is be there for her.
There may be times that her moods fluctuate but that is to be expected.

The longer the relationship has time to flourish,the more trust she'll exude.

Please don't expect anything to happen overnight;it's a gradual process.

She trusts you;please don't let her down.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread