It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

wongurl HB User
live in group home, suspect a staff member is bipolar

hello i live in a group home right now because i have a few disabilities (aspergers and OCD and a little depression) i will be able to live on my own someday. but my question is i think one of the staff members here may have bipolar. i know no two bipolar people are the same but i sense a similarity between this staff member and my ex boyfriend whom was bipolar i seem to be very good at pushing their buttons. so my question is how i deal with this? i dont like setting BP people off so what is good advice on how to approach dealing with her moods, even if she isnt bipolar because she is moody and has said she has a temper. i dont want any more fights. not meaning to offend anyone but i would like advice

Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: live in group home, suspect a staff member is bipolar

Hello

Could you talk to another staff member about this? I think confronting her directly will only make the situation worse. Instead I suggest voicing your concern to a third party and seeing if they agree or disagree with your perspective and go from there. If other people are also having problems with her I think it would be ideal if her supervisor or maybe even a co-worker could talk to her about her moodiness and temper.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-01-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
(female)

wongurl HB User
Re: live in group home, suspect a staff member is bipolar

i tried that but they arent doing a anything about her. right now she is manic and is laughing alot and talking about boys at work in front of all of us clients. it very unprofessional. something about pictures of her. i dont want to know what kind of pictures but i am assuming very innappropriate. now shes talking about her friends and friends break ups RIGHT in front o my roomate. i dont know why they keep her when shes moody and talks about innappropriate stuff in front of us and spends half her shift on her phone with a friend

Last edited by wongurl; 05-07-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added

Closed Thread