It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
(female)

evanock HB User
Unhappy I too have a daughter who was diagnosed with schizop

I have been reading all theses comments, And A part of me has become recently confused. My daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia schycosis n.o.s last year in september, prior to this diagnosis she started complaining of seeing "the devil" and the devil would try to harm her and her loved ones around her. The devil would tell her that they were to be married and if she didnt marry him, that he would take out her entire family to get them out of the way and then he would kill her. These episodes became daily for three months, until they were persistant an on the hour every hour, I finally seeked out help for her and demanded that she be put on medication so that she would no longer have to suffer with the hallucinations. the doctors put her on serequel, of course starting out at a low dosage didnt work, and the increases just kept going up and up until she was up to 450mg. but she was still hallucinating, she also complained about children surrounding her and calling out her name and laughing at her, at night she would say she was floating in the air but her body was still on the bed and under the covers. She says that there is ALOT of demons that roam the earth. Not only are her hallucinations auditory or visual but she has the touch hallucinations where these people that are no longer alive touch, try to scratch her ect ect. in september she was hospitlalized where she was tested and diagnosed with the schizophrenia phycosis nos. December of last year was her last incident where she had written a note addressed to one her male classmates, (I had collected about 19 of the same letters at home addressed to other boys in her classroom) that she needed his help because the devil was going to kill her in 12 days, the doctor sent her home saying that she was boy crazy and was seeking attention. this year 2012, i took her out of outpatient mental health counseling services, she would not speak to her counselar or even look at her (this went on for 8 months). I hooked her up with a christian counselar whom she imediantly opened up to on the first appointment and actually made eye contact with the couselar. Being new to all of this I was not aware that I would have to find her a new doctor to prescribe her meds when i switched counselars. she has been without medication since may, and hasnt had any episodes what so ever, in fact she hasnt complained of any hallucinations since febuary, and we are now into the month of july. the counselar and myself are now confused??? and considering a second oppinion and having her re-tested for schizophrenia. Im just soooo confused. and though all of this I have been harrassed by Child protective services for the past year and cannot seem to get them to back off, I know they have to make sure the child is being tooking care of and her mental needs are being met. but now I am being told that I have to take my daughter out of her sessions with this new counselar and put her back into mental health outpatient counsleing services because she needs to be on the medication. I just dont know what to do any more and I feel like as the parent I have no say or even rights to the decisions on my daughters well being. I want whats best for her but If she is not hallucinating and she tells her counselar she doesnt see anything anymore. Isnt it or wouldnt it be extremely unhealthy to have her on meds that she doesnt need? Anyones thoughts or oppinions on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread