It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
(male)

Comaes7775 HB User
Post Schizophrenia running in my family

I am a 60 years ol Man and, for years I have seen people in my family suffering from this mental illness. So far I have not experience any symptoms but, actually in my inmediate family two of my sisters are showing some. One of them had the onset of this illness on her teen years ("R"), the other one ("P") is already and adult, around my ages and, has always had episodes of violence both in the family and at work. "R" has been on medication for years, she experience no violence threath and is calmed but reclusive; she can't stay in another house for long but likes to wander around the neighborwood and is known around her area; she has mostly lived all her life in our country (DR) but recently was admitted into the US back in December. Once here she has been out of the house on many occasions and has been lost on two of them but found safe (thanks God!). Now she is known in the area and she can managed to come back home everytime with no incidents. I made a birthday party for her on the 13th this month to celebrate her birthday in one of our sisters houses and she stayed a while, mostrly until she decided, she wanted to come back home(to her apartment a few blocks from our sister's house. It was funn, she ate some food and cake; she had one beer but, that was it, no more. I am happy to have her here with us, after a lot of year of abandonment back there in our country.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-27-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread