It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

BelieveinWishes HB User
Manic depressive friend?

Hello and thanks in advance for reading. I'll try to make a long story as brief as I can.

My girlfriend and I are in a long distance relationship, the way we communicate/bond is messaging each other and playing online games with each other besides using skype to webcam and mic. Well, each time we played games we ALWAYS got joined by our good friend who has been diagnosed with manic depression. She has been very clingy to us. We never got time to ourselves playing together. So I kindly requested to her if we could have more private time together. But I made sure to say that she could play with us the three of us if we got more breathing space.

Well, she took it completely the wrong way. She suddenly turned very aggressive to me, which is unlike her. She was sending me messages of harassment saying "**** you" and saying that she felt completely betrayed and hurt. She even harassed my girlfriend even though I was the one who brought this subject up. She was making all these outrageous, illogical, and hurtful accusations of me over this simple request. She even made a death threat saying my girlfriend and I were going to be the death of her. I removed her from all my contacts, since she would not step sending me such messages, and I told her that she can message me when she wanted to talk like an adult about this. We haven't talked since.

I am not sure if my friend has been doing anything to control her manic depression. I am not sure if she is controlling it with medication, because earlier this summer she had a very bad episode too. And she clung onto my girlfriend and I again. Is this her manic depression talking for her? I myself struggle with anxiety, but I'm not too educated with depression.

Can anyone offer any advice or insight? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread