It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

Beth Adam HB User
Does my ex boyf have Aspergers Syndrome

I'v recently split with my boyfriend of two years, although our relationship was very on off before, i think we both feel that this time is the last. This is so heartbreaking as i love this man very much. I always excepted his odd ways and felt constantly that no matter what i did it was never good enough. I could never understand why everything was so complicated, and kept blaming my self.
Never once did he tell me he loved me, showed very little affection, never wanted to go anywhere as he didn't feel comfortable with social interaction. He would want to spend periods sometimes days just being on his own. sometimes we would be together but he would not say a word.
There were many times, probably once a week that i would be upset over something he said, it was almost like he would say things just to be callous. This would then spark a row and me getting upset which he could never understand and every time he would runaway.
He constantly said "If the world was run by robots and not emotions it would be a better place."
He would also get very obsessive over certain topics which were his music being his main passion, astronomy and science. He would always randomly just say "Did u know?".... and continue to talk even though i showed very little interest.
He also doesn't really have any real friends and doesn't really let anyone get close, including me which has been so frustrating.
He rarely makes any eye contact, constantly chews the inside of his mouth especially when feeling stressed and can be be very blunt which i always would say to him was rude and inappropriate. He was bullied through school and by his dad growing up as he is also severely dyslexic and shows strong signs of dyspraxia as well. He knows he is not "normal" as he puts it, and has tried to speak to me about it but but can not put it in to words so becomes depressed and withdrawn. He is fascinated by psychotic behavior of others so i think he worry's this maybe his problem.
Although he can be very argumentative and become very easily stressed, he is also very passive and sweet.
I have approached situations that arise on many levels. But find his lack of empathy and sympathy the hardest to deal with. The more upset i get over this the more nasty and defensive he becomes, and will always result in him saying "he can't deal with it, we are too different and that i am too emotional. Then will walk out leaving me feeling awful.

This man is 28 years old now and i am 32 When we split two months ago he said he wanted to stay friends so that meant meet up for a drink once a week or go to the pictures, which i tried as i was hoping that we would be able to work things out. But when i spoke to him about it he just said he doesn't want a relationship. So i have said that i can,t stay friends as it is just so hurtful.

That was two weeks ago.

Do you think he may have AS? And if so do you think i should try to speak to him about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread