It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
(female)

DuckysMommy HB User
My husband's mood swings

My husband is 25 years old and was wonderful when we were dating. However, on the night we got married, he threatened to leave me in the hotel and go back to his parents house. It's been 3 years and things have drastically declined. Just yesterday he got upset with his father, as we were in the car he began screaming so loud he lost his voice and started slapping himself in the face while driving. When we arrived at his parents, he walked in with a smile on his face and it was as though nothing happened.

When he is upset, he will get into the fetal position and scream like he is in agony, turning red and panting. I am so afraid my ears feels like they are on fire and I begin to black out. His family says he was never like this before he married me and it's my job to fix it. But when he is in these moods he shuns me and will not speak for days. I don't know what to do anymore, we have a 6 month old daughter and I am afraid he will attempt to hurt me or himself while she is around. He has choked me and grabbed me by the neck on previous occasions and nothing calms him down. Does anyone go through something like this or have a family member who does? I need to understand this, please help.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: My husband's mood swings

You do not need to understand anything more than that you and your daughter are at severe risk. He has already put his hands on you in a rage, and the next time is always easier. Protect yourself. What do your inlaws mean that it is your duty to fix him??? How? Let him beat you up and scream at you? there is nothing you can do until and unless he admits he has a problem and goes for treatment. In the meantime, and I am not overreacting here (I have seen it happen), one day he will (not might, WILL) injure you. He will be sooo sorry then, but you will still be the one in the hospital bed or worse. Please get protection or get away, Sera.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
(male)

sandeepsohal HB User
Re: My husband's mood swings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
You do not need to understand anything more than that you and your daughter are at severe risk. He has already put his hands on you in a rage, and the next time is always easier. Protect yourself. What do your inlaws mean that it is your duty to fix him??? How? Let him beat you up and scream at you? there is nothing you can do until and unless he admits he has a problem and goes for treatment. In the meantime, and I am not overreacting here (I have seen it happen), one day he will (not might, WILL) injure you. He will be sooo sorry then, but you will still be the one in the hospital bed or worse. Please get protection or get away, Sera.

I am fully agreed with Sera. You should go away from him and then only he will realize importance of you.

Reply Reply