It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

Down2June HB User
Exclamation I Am Pregnant and My Husband is Bipolar

I am 29 years old and pregnant with my first child. My husband and I have been married for less than 3 months. We've only known each other 4 months. We rushed into this obviously, but we've always felt that it was right. I am a 10 year survivor of lymphoma. The doctors said it would be very difficult for me to conceive. Imagine our shock when that test showed up positive! We were overjoyed, but also overshadowed by the ugliness of my husband's bipolar disorder. He is 32 and is on meds for the first time since he was 15. He had a horrible childhood and has been through a lot in his life. His bipolar was dormant or something until he met me. I feel like I brought it out in him. Now, I'm pregnant with a child I thought I'd never have. I'm trying to take care of my bipolar husband and help him through his manias. He accuses me of being so consumed with being pregnant that he feels neglected and left to deal with it on his own. Maybe that's true. It's a life altering thing. I'm having to readjust my view of what I thought the rest of my life was going to be like. He has major trust issues, amplified by the bipolar. He thinks I'm going to cheat on him and that I am incapable of being faithful, even though I have never given him a reason to doubt my fidelity. He is constantly trying to catch me cheating and threatening what will happen if he ever does. I love him so much and would never even think about cheating on him or leaving him. I want this to be a happy time but he is always so down or so angry. He has a child from a previous relationship and there are custody and other issues there. He hates his son's mom so much and he hates his family (who have all justifiably earned that hate.) I feel like he is so consumed with that hate, that he doesn't have time to love me. There are so many issues keeping us from having the happy marriage and the happy pregnancy we both want. I am only 4 or 5 weeks along. We have a long way to go. Not to mention my father is dying of cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bipolar husbands, pregnancy, trust issuses