It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
(female)

kansaswife HB User
Re: Dating someone with Bipolar and Borderline Disorder

I am bipolar manic and have ADHD as well. Im a 50 yr old woman and just got on medication for this 2 yrs ago. Honestly I was just going FAST. All the time. I married my husband only knowing him 6 months. He is bipolar depresive. .. he is not on meds... but me tell ya.. talk about fireworks between us on GOOD days and Bad days. He knew upfront about me...and resently found out he had his. Maybe becsuse of my understanding of the illness we've stayed married. Two people like us is hard to be with. And if a person wants normal in your life. .. make sure your prepard for going thur the ilness as if you have it yourself. Being biploar is hard but its harder if you marry it on purpose. I still have MAJOR mood swings even though I have meds... but I have my husbands as well ..untreated. this week he starts his own meds. thank god.. ok. I just wanted to add my 2 cents...Thanks!!!

Last edited by kansaswife; 02-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
(female)

TrishLives17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamarc View Post
I have not read it all here, but you are lucky that he left. You need to realize that his disorder is his problem, not your problem. You cannot help him. I know a case about this severe depression/bipolar disorder: the husband had bipolar and the wife knew and still married him. The first kid came along and things were OK for 3 years. Suddenly on the second kid before she was born in 2 months, he left out of the blue. He claimed he was too stressed and lost his job and moved back to his old home with his parents. He cannot recover yet and blamed her. His folks blamed her. Well, now they are divorced. It is not her fault. He left her while she was very pregnant! He did something immoral even though he was sick and could not help himself.
So you need to find some healthy guy and move on. You have no way to help his mental problem. Sometimes he would blame you for bringing him stress.
Just be aware that you cannot solve his problem for him so it is good that he left you.

Hugs,
Nina
Hi Nina,

Thanks for you input! Well I never got back with him. He is totally out of my life. I had some things in his apartment and I never went to get them. If he really wanted me to get my things he would have found a way to get them to me. I have tried alerting him on when I would be getting my things and he never bothered to answer me. He has deleted me off of facebook or blocked me I dont know which. Its better for me because since then I have moved on with my life. I am dating a healthy person which is such a breath of fresh air than what I was dealing with. I am GLAD he out of my life. He lost out on a good thing, but that his problem!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: TrishLives17
angela5271 (02-07-2013), ninamarc (02-07-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Good for you! I'm glad you were able to get out of this relationship and into a healthy one! Best of luck to you!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

It is good for you that you left him. Well sorry about the stuff left in his apartment. You can always buy new ones. Like I expected, he is blaming you too by blocking you off and etc. I think the person with bipolar disorder tends to blame other people. It is hard for them to see that it is their own issue and that they need medications.

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 02-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
(female)

Karlee1010 HB UserKarlee1010 HB UserKarlee1010 HB User

I am happy for you that things worked out well for you. To be the best that he can be, he really does have to do it himself. It's an inside job. You seem like you have a beautiful heart, but noone can "fix" someone else. And the both of you have moved on with your lives now. Noone really got hurt, so it was pretty much a growing experience for you both. Well, i hope you're a happy camper with the new person you're dating, and I hope things work out well for you both.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karlee1010 For This Useful Post:
TrishLives17 (02-22-2013)
Reply Reply