It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

ellen50 HB User
My depressed teenaged daughter!

This is my first post on this site, and I am on this site because I feel like I'm running out of support and options to help my daughter. She is 14 years old, and has had severe mood swings for the past three years. Everytime I think she is getting better, she sinks back down into her depression. She likes to keep a lot from me, when we used to have a really close relationship. I realize its normal for a teenager to want her own time, but I'm concerned because I know she's been cutting on herself intermittently.

SHe's seeing a therapist for the past few months, but I don't see much benefit so far; at least she has someone to talk to. And she's tried a couple of medications from a psychiatrist, but both of them made symptoms worse! (Prozac and Wellbutrin). SHe seemed to get more OCD symptoms and more anxious with both. I know she struggles socially; she's been a victim of bullying (partially due to her own poor choices) but kids are mean these days! She has very few friends; says she "hates school, and Hates everyone that goes there". I've moved her from two schools already due to what I thought were social issues... (bullying and not fitting in). She has another appointment with psychiatrist, but I don't have much faith in this doctor, and it seems impossible to find a decent psychiatrist who sees adolescents!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bullying, depression, mood swings