It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
(female)

Rucy HB User
Indecisive Sister.

My older sister is so indecisive. I am worried for her because she get so depressed whenever she has to choose and the funny thing is that it's only for simple things.
Like when we she saw a jewelry store. She will start choosing and ask use which one do we think is better. Then we will tell her which one do we think is better, but she still won't stop looking at it. She will still keep choosing and it takes her a really long time choosing, then in the end she end up choosing nothing and not buying anything. She always does that!

Then when we are at our house. She will suddenly say " I want to go to__" then we will all get excited and say "Sure" then after a while she will changed her mind and said "Maybe we should not go after all" and we will all be disappointed because we're ready. Then after a while she will ask " Should we go there or not?" And you can see in her face that she is problematic about it. So we will say "sure". Then we will go, but she doesn't look happy at all then when we returned home she will be so sad and depressed and regret it.

She has always been like that, if she don't do it she will keep thinking about it and then think that "i should have" but if she did it She will regret it and say " Shouldn't have done that"

Whatever she choose she always regret it in the end. It's getting annoying to hear her whining.
I told her about it and she stop whining but you can see that she is so depressed about what she choose. Sometimes i saw her in her room that she was so sad like she almost want to cry from that.

When i talk to her about it, she said that it's not like she wanted to be like that. It's not like she only do that infront of us or whenever she's around us. Even if we are not there and she is alone she will still be like that. She said that she hated it too but no matter what she do, she can't stop being like that.

I am worried for her because she is a very good sister. She has been working since she was 16 and became a bread winner at the age of 17 or 18. She always does everything to give us what we need and want. She is actually smart.

So i am worried for her because what if it make her so depressed or what if she has a mental problem? or Psychological problem.?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
(female)

karlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB User
Re: Indecisive Sister.

Hello. How are you doing?? I just wanted to take the time to say that you and your sister sound like you have a good relationship and love each other alot. So refreshing to see! She may be just kind of a worrywart like I am and is a bit too concerned about what others think of her. Or possibly low self-esteem, so she questions her ideas and decisions. Maybe a combo of all this. By what you shared, it doesn't sound too serious. But, you know your sister alot better than I do, so if it really continues to concern you, or gets alot worse, I think you two should have a heart to heart talk. Maybe when you talk about it next time with her, be more specific and use certain examples of the times you were quite concerned about her indecisiveness and how she goes about making really small decisions.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
(female)

Rucy HB User
Re: Indecisive Sister.

Hello Thank you for your reply.
Yes my sister and i are really close. We are like best friends despite our age difference. Although we do quarrel sometimes.
That's why i got worried for her. I always thought that maybe something is wrong with her.

Closed Thread