It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
(female)

care giver 101 HB User
Caregivers do matter.

Well how else could I or would I describe myself?
My son is on a up and down roller coaster, my daughter has major mood swings,my second hubby has an arm length list of things that keep popping up. Mother in law is always in a bad mood and the only person she can take it out on or talk to is me. I do my best not to go on any pity parties, but sometimes I simply go sit in the bath and have a good cry. And that seems to work for awhile.
Everyone keeps telling me I am a tower of strength, friends and family members seem to think I can solve any issue in their life, or that of their children.
Now been thinking, I need to stop, I need to focus on myself. Those thoughts have just gone out my mind when the next person appears with dry tears on their face or red eyes.
I now take at least 2 hours a day of me time.
And reassure myself... I might not have any documents saying I am a caregiver, but this I know... I care...

The following user gives a hug of support to care giver 101:
Phoenix (03-31-2013)
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
(male)

Chris516 HB User
Re: Caregivers do matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by care giver 101 View Post
Well how else could I or would I describe myself?
My son is on a up and down roller coaster, my daughter has major mood swings,my second hubby has an arm length list of things that keep popping up. Mother in law is always in a bad mood and the only person she can take it out on or talk to is me. I do my best not to go on any pity parties, but sometimes I simply go sit in the bath and have a good cry. And that seems to work for awhile.
Everyone keeps telling me I am a tower of strength, friends and family members seem to think I can solve any issue in their life, or that of their children.
Now been thinking, I need to stop, I need to focus on myself. Those thoughts have just gone out my mind when the next person appears with dry tears on their face or red eyes.
I now take at least 2 hours a day of me time.
And reassure myself... I might not have any documents saying I am a caregiver, but this I know... I care...
I wish I had the strength you did. I am going through a hard time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread