It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
(female)

WifeWorkingOnIt HB User
Husband's OCD (Or other things) and need ideas...

HI all. My husband has had periods during our 7-year marriage where he'd all of a sudden get angry for several days, emotionally abuse me, then go back to normal like nothing happened. He lies and is maniuplative during that time. It came to a head and now we're divorcing. He keeps saying he wants another chance, that he was diagnosed with OCD and is starting to get the right treatment. I love him but some of the things he did seem beyond medication and beyond just an OCD diagnosis. Also, he's taking one antianxiety medication and he still has had his periods of being emotionally abusive to me on the phone even tho we're not living together, so he really needs more help than he's willing to admit.

When he is in his triggered period, he imagines things. Like, he'll tell me I said something I didn't say, and demand an apology. Anythign other than an apology doesn't work. I think he really believes I said what he thinks I said, so trying to tell him he imagined it doesn't work.

Seems to me that OCD could trigger anxiousness, and he could lie to cover it up, but hallucinations are another matter.

He doesn't obsessively clean and stuff like that, or count...I guess certain things that happen cause his anxieties.

I am thinking he may also have another disorder to go with it.

I'd love to know if anyone has OCD that isn't about counting, rituals, etc and has caused things imagined, lying, manipulation, telling me I'm a bad person, etc. He does this after he's triggered...in a few days he's back to normal like nothing happened.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Husband's OCD (Or other things) and need ideas...

Sounds like he might be BIpolar..I would not get back with him

Reply Reply