It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Sexually Abused Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
(male)

2ndarysurvivor HB User
Found out this week that my girlfriend was raped

I'm 17 years old and my girlfriend is 15. We've been together for almost a month now and she's my first real relationship and she means everything to me. Before we became an official couple she told me she was raped by her cousin when she was younger I believe when she was about 8 or 9. When she told me of course I told her I told her "I'm sorry you had to go through with that" and " Im not going to look at you differently or think any less of you" and when she told me that her parents didn't believe her it really bothered me. So nothing was done to lock that ******* up. But he moved so there was really nothing to be done now... Through the second week of our relationship she told me that the same guy moved in with her grandma which lives directly behind them... when she told me this I didn't know what to do but tell her to be careful and cautious.... Well.... just this past week she's been really down and I asked her what's wrong but she would tell me its nothing really... I've never seen her so down so I knew something was up... just hoping It didn't happen again.... a few days ago she finally told me what happened and when she told me it happened again I was devestated... I tried telling her to report it and or tell her aunt at least because her aunt is the only one that would believe her... she refused to report it or tell anyone which I understand and I told her the importance of all of this and comforted her the best I could... but its her choice so all I could tell her really that when she was ready I'll be here for her... so these past few days its just been really hard because knowing that this guy is still out there and their being a possibility of this happening again to her and possibly someone else just makes me feel helpless.. nothing has been the same ever since she told me it happened again.... and if I can't go a day without crying and just hurting I couldn't even imagine how she's really feeling right now..... I don't know what do anymore.... I want to report that guy so bad but... its her decision.... and I'm afraid that she's never going to get the help and its going to end up happening again.... I love her so much I hate see her like this.... what should I do?

The following user gives a hug of support to 2ndarysurvivor:
Phoenix (07-04-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
need advice, need help, rape