It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family Planning / Adoption Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

ZuriDikeledi HB User
Adoption

Hi. I'm 15 years old. But I've always been interested in disabilities, especially downs syndrome. I met a little girl with DS a few years ago and I absolutely fell in love with her. Since then, I've wanted to adopt a DS child when I'm older (you know, at least out of college). I was wondering if anyone had any tips, any classes I should take before then, any opinions, anything. I know it's a long way off, but it's a really important thing in my life. Thank you in advance. ~Katie~

Old 04-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
(female)

Danielmom HB User
Re: Adoption

I want to congratulate you for wanting to help a little baby with down syndrome in the future, we need more people like you in this world.

I'm not sure what you would need in order to adopt a baby in the future, but a good career in Especial Education wouldn't hurt. You definitly see a lot of pottencial in kids with DS, and that is exactly how a good teacher should think.

I'm an accountant and last year I had my 1st son who was born with Down's syndrome, this has change my plans for the future, and now I'm studying to be a preeschool teacher, and when I finish that, I'm planning to get my bachelor's in special ed.

Thanks for caring,

Yailet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread