It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family Planning / Adoption Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #1
(female)

lucious_lass HB User
I thought Family Planning clinics were meant to be nice!

I went to my local family planning clinic this evening and told them about getting a very faint positive a week ago and was it possible to have a test done! The silly woman told me she would do a urine sample but then progressed to lecture me that she shouldn't really because it should be an early morning sample so it would come out negative now but if I wanted one she would give me one!

Old 07-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

Kayyan HB User
Re: I thought Family Planning clinics were meant to be nice!

i would be offended as well because when i took both of my pregnancy tests..they came out posotive both times very faint but posotive and like ive said in many other postings they say even if its faint if its there the babys there, but regardless both my tests were done in the evening, so congrats hun, and call your local obgyn and set up an appointment!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

I thought that it didn't matter what time of day the test is done. Most home tests are like that. Besides, she was not very nice about it at all. Did you have the test done?

Old 07-27-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
(female)

lucious_lass HB User

Yes I had the test done and the silly woman was right it came out negative! Im very miffed though because she completely cast aside the fact that one I done last week was a very very faint positive line and kept rattling on about how it was too early to tell and I should really have brought in an early morning sample. I figured she was looking at me as if to say "i told you so"

Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
(female)

lucious_lass HB User

My local what? Im really unsure of what to do now, what if it really is negative.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Some people can be so rude! Well seince you have had both a psotive and a negative I would maybe see my doc about a blood test. Then you can know for sure. False positives are rare, but since you did get a negative I would double check.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
(female)

lucious_lass HB User

Tell me about it, she was lucky I didn't say anything to her but I guess I was just shocked at her rudeness, I also think she thought Im too young to be trying for a baby.

I know I should go to the doctors, believe me I do but I am petrified of needles (lol, hardly good if I am pregnant really is it)!!! I know as soon as it goes in me i'll either faint or scream..possibly both!

Old 07-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

The tests that most doctors offices or clinics use usually aren't as sensitive as the tests you can buy OTC. I had the same thing with my first PG. Very very faint positive, so I went to my University's Health Center and took another test. It was negative. I took another OTC test, positive, and another student health test, negative. So, I finally called an ob/gyn (obstetrics/gynocoligist) who told me a positive OTC test was all they needed to see me. They did their own tests (positive, of course) and confirmed with an u/s that day.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 07-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #9
(female)

lucious_lass HB User

Will they off that in England though? I live in England you see and Im worried they will not offer a service like the one you were given.

Also when you went to your ob/gyn (thank you for explaining) did they test by doing another urine sample or was it a blood test?

Closed Thread