**sorry baby wish I mean to post the thread as Bonita not babywish!!! Just realized it oops !!
I saw your post in babywish's thread but since this is a long e-mail I decided to cut and past into a new thread for you and anyone else interested in adoption. How are things with you?? Any updates??? PIO shot from what I understand are Progesterone injections. About adoption I went online and also looked in the yellow pages under adoption in my area and found about 5 agencies . I found two that I think I will focus on. One is a Catholic adoption agency the other is local to my area but this one does both national and international adoption. Sometimes you will even find attorneys that will do private adoptions. I spoke with an attorney office yesterday but I determined it may be better to go through an agency and then hire an attorney to review everything later. But I am still at the very beginning of all of this I will keep you guys informed. I am taking baby steps b/c this is very difficult thing for me to do but I want to be a mom so I will do what I have to. If a get a BFP in the mean time GREAT!!! I will be a mom of two
!!!! Anyway, if anyone else has any more information on adoption. Please post here and we can all share information. I basically read the following:
1. The agency puts you on a list and do a Home Assessment/interview with you and DH
2. You will make a scrap book of your life together
3. Write a Dear Birth Mother Letter
4. Ofcourse they will do background check and credit check etc...
5. Most agencies seem to allow the birth mother to pick the adoptive parents
6. Many agencies allow for an open adoption allowing the birth mothers to pick adoptive parents that will allow them to maintain a relationship with the child. Not all mother's choose this but it seems like there are a good # of them that want this. (It seems as if we have very little rights..was a bit disappointed about this)
7. Cost was between $10,000 and 20,000
8. They want you to be married 3 years but ironically a single person can adopt a child from the agency so I really do not understand this rule!!
9. Can take 8 months to 2 years. Also has a lot to do with a birth mother picking you.
So that is all the information I found. I could not find hardly anything about how the do a backround check on the Birth Parents. I would like to know more about them too for i.e. do they have a criminal record, were they drug abusers, what is their medical hx including mental health (schizoprenia is what I worry about) etc. But I don't see anywhere where we have a right to ask this. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be picky but I do want to know everything about my child. I don't care if he/or is white/black/brown/blue or purple!!
Anyway that is what I have so far if anyone wants to chime in w/ more info please do!!!!