It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family Planning / Adoption Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #1

Teener828 HB User
Post embryo adoption

I am not sure if anyone is familiar with embryo adoption. But a friend of mine is trying it. I saw a story about it on Dateline NBC about 8 months ago. My girlfriend had poor egg quality after 8 years of infertility she is still trying to concieve. She has done about 18 IUI and 4 IVF's. She also adopted a baby boy 3 yrs ago.
She was about to adopt a little girl and after having her for 24 hrs the 13 yr old mother changed her mind and took her back. She was devestated.

After I saw the show I told her about adopting other peoples frozen embryos that are finished with their families and do not want to destroy them. Another friend gave her an article.
She decided it was perfect for her because she wanted to adopt but she also wanted to experience pregnancy. She would be adopting a child nine months early and incubate it herself.

Well, she found a fertiltiy clinic and got embryos and this Sunday is her transfer. She is so excited after 8 years to finally have the chance to be pregnant.

I thought I would share her story because it is not advertised because of low number of embryos to adopt. But for some this is an option that could be useful. Remeber this was not available to her 8 yrs ago. So for those of you who feel like nothing is working remember next yr they may have something new.

I my self do not have 8 yrs to do infertility because of my age so it is best for me to know all my options up front so I can make an educated decision about my care. Good luck everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User
Thanks Tina! That is great info. I hope the transfer brings success to your friend. Poor thing has had enough heartbreaks.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #3

Teener828 HB User
IT'S A SUCCESS!! My girlfriend that adopted embryos found out today the transfer was a success. She can finally say after 9yrs of infertility, "I am pregnant".

I am seriously considering this option should my own embryos not be viable. I am so happy for her.

Old 05-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User
YAY!!! Congrats to her!!

Old 05-16-2003, 03:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

tmerone HB User
She must be ecstatic!! tell her we said congrats and thanks for sharing a story of hope.......we all need one of them every now and then!!

Old 05-19-2003, 08:04 AM   #6
Inactive

skysam HB User
Thanks for the wonderful story !! It definitly gives us something to think about !! She is Pregn. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

that is WONDERFUL !!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Closed Thread