It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

Neck and Shoulder pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #1
BlueAngel2015
(female)

BlueAngel2015 HB User
Unhappy I am so scared!

Hi All,

I have so many problems it's hard to know where to post to vent. I have lived with pain and anxiety for the best part of the last 30 years. I supposedly also have Fibromylgia, I have kidney problems and blood problems, also thyroid. Every little thing that happens I think I'm dying. I just wish I could be done with all of this. I am so scared all of the time and like most of you I would assume I hide it because nobody wants to hear about it. I come from a family of anxiety and I am very sad to say that none of us took the other members of our family seriously when they had problems, now I know what it's like to suffer and it gets worse with each passing day. I have Xanax which works but I am reluctant to take it because it has been linked to Alzimers and I sure don't want that.

I have so much pain from the Fibromylgia if it is FM, who knows. My neck is killing me and it's causing pain up the back of my head which makes me think I have a brain tumor. It just goes on and on and on. The doctors here are less then good so when you find one who is good, it takes forever to get in to see them. I currently have an appointment with a rheum doctor first available is Sept 29 and I made that apt 2 months ago. 3 weeks ago my husband and I were at a baseball game, it was hot, I got dizzy and passed out fell on my left side so now my left knee is filled with fluid. Went to orthopedist, he said it will resolve on it's own and is sending me for PT in a pool, great, I'm heavy, now I have to stress about putting on a bathing suit.

Why can't anyone help me? I just want to feel normal, without pain, without anxiety. I'm 69 and I can't believe the rest of my life is going to be like this, it just keeps getting worse and worse all the time. I stay upstairs in our bedroom watching TV, on the computer or napping every day with some small ventures out like yesterday, went shopping, felt OK, today feel as bad today as I felt good yesterday. Why can't I have more then one day of feeling good, just so tired of all of it. I have a beautiful 3 year old Granddaughter who I adore.

Anyway, just needed to vent before I lose my mind and have a nervous breakdown.

Not alone but feeling very alone.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-13-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #2
BlueAngel2015
(female)

BlueAngel2015 HB User
Unhappy Neck and Shoulder pain

I am a 69 year old, overweight female. I have had pain for the better part of 30 years give or take. It has gotten worse over time, have yet to find a doctor to take me seriously and I've been to a ton of doctors. I have pretty severe neck and shoulder and low back pain. The neck is what is concerning me, it's causing pain up the back of my head and into my head which makes me think I have a brain tumor. I asked doctor if my very tight neck could cause pain in my head he said yes it could, see you in 6 months. I recently, 3 weeks ago, passed out in the heat and fell injuring my left knee, just saw a doctor he says the fluid will resolve itself, in the meantime he's sending me for PT in a pool for knee and neck even tho he hasn't see the recent nect x-rays I just had although he said he would request my records and look at them.

I guess my question is does anyone else suffer from severe neck pains with assorted popping and cracking every time you move your head side to side or up and down? Just wondering where to turn now, would help to know that others are dealing with the same problems. Anyway, thanks for reading and maybe answering.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-13-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:12 AM   #3
jessiesmom88
(female)

jessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB Userjessiesmom88 HB User
Re: Neck and Shoulder pain

I have had fibro for about 10 years now and as I will say it is a constant battle to keep the pain away. There are medications like lyrica but I will not take them. Pain is random and constant and seems every little injury I had thru my life becomes pain again at some point. My main problems lately were that my hands and feet were tingling and so painful. I have had carpal tunnel since my 30's and I am almost 60. These pains were different but I knew the carpal tunnel was a small part of it. My rheumatologist and I did not see eye to eye on this. I had told him my fingers were so bad sometimes I just can not feel them and they burn when I catch a chill...he asked if they turned blue and I said no so he basically thought I was just creating another "symptom"...2 months later my PC diagnosed me with Raynauds and at that point she witnessed the color changes which had just started.. But the pain got worse all up and down my neck and head and face. When I mentioned that to my PC she felt my shoulders and said muscle spasms....so she sent me for physical therapy. After 4 sessions I started to feel relief from the constant pain to a dull pain that is manageable but I will have to do these neck and shoulder exercises and stretching all the time. Physical therapy is really the only thing that gave me relief and it is a constant battle. The therapist would go up and down my spine and neck and find the knots and work them out with massage...believe me when they hit the knots and tangles I hit the roof with pain but they know what they are doing. After treatments they would put heat on my neck and back. I do take flexeril (muscle relaxer) and clonopin (anti anxiety) just to get some sleep. Also yoga is helping alot too. Hope your dr will prescribe physical therapy...it does work but you have to work thru the pain at first!! good luck

Old 07-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
BlueAngel2015
(female)

BlueAngel2015 HB User
Smile Re: Neck and Shoulder pain

JessiesMom88,

Thanks for answering, I know I'm not alone but it sure feels like it sometimes. 3 weeks ago I fell and hurt my left knee pretty bad, it's filled with fluid, went to orthopedist, he won't drain it, sent me to PT. In passing I mentioned how bad my neck is so he included that in the PT, went yesterday for first time, massage felt good and tens on the knee, they said it will help to dry up fluid but main part is he wants me in the pool so even tho I am reluctant to get in the pool I will give it a shot, start next Monday, now the search is on for a bathing suit, lol. Good luck with your pain, will let you know how it goes.

Reply Reply