It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User
Tremors and Shaky most of the day

In August while on vacation I develped a swallowing problem with loss of appetite. Had barium swallow and endoscopy, all normal. I can now swallow fine, but still no appetite and lost about 15 pounds, have stopped weight loss. I now am very tired, muscles hurt, if I wake up in middle of night, I can' fall back asleep. I got shaky or tremor sensation on the inside and don't feel right.

I have high BP and thought it was from Toprol XL which I had been on for a year, I am off for 4 weeks, tapered off per Dr. Orders. Only on multivitamin now as BP good due to weight loss.

Had fasting blood glucose of 89-90, one glcuose test came back 147 after eating, but same blood came back A1C 4.8, so dr. said not diabetic, maybe 147 was a fluke?

Sed rate 23, its not sjorgens per blood test, ANA Came back negative. Full thyroid panel came back normal also. Had blood culture work done which is supposed to rule out Lyme, Calcium 10.5 ( slightly high). Everything else is in normal range. Blood neutro # high, but Neutro % normal.

My biggest complaint is the internal shaky tremor feeling, tired, muscles aches that seem to shake, not feeling normal, mouth is dry, but not really thirsty, just dry. I had an EKG it was normal. Potassium was low but after supplements brought it back up and tested fine last week.
24 hour urine test normal.

My muscles ache, and the tremor feeling is constant, if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't go back to sleep and I can feel the internal tremor.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I can eat normal now, but not much of an appetite.

I will be seeing both a rheumatologist and neurologist next week.

Silvia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2003, 09:15 PM   #2

bunnybunny01 HB User
Re: Tremors and Shaky most of the day

Are you taking any antidepressants or anything for your mood?

Tremors and shaking are side effects that can happen.

Or...are you upset/anxious at all? That could cause the shaking. Sometimes, it's something simple. Treating anxiety and depression with the medication that causes shaking sounds like it doesn't make sense, but it might do the trick Cancel each other out.

I wish you felt better - I truly do. When I went through tremors it was very upsetting to me, and I understand where you're coming from.

I hope the doctors have some good news for you.

Old 11-27-2003, 04:45 AM   #3
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

Hi, I am on nothing but a multi vitamin and magnesium. I do have some atavan ( lorazepam) but I rarely take it, maybe 1/2 pill or less once a week or so.

I am trying to rule out physical things.

The only thing I am anxious about is what I have, why I have no appeite and these tremors. I have always been able to cope well on major issues in the past.

What helped your tremors?

Thanks
Silvia

Old 11-28-2003, 07:46 AM   #4
(female)

la_brat HB User

Both our daughters have FMS. The youngest in particular gets shakey. They both get skakey on the outside, but the youngest gets shakey on the inside quite often. No one can see the tremor she feels, but it is there. They make her feel like she is anxious when she isn't. She has found no medication that can control this symptom. She has noticed that the less sleep she gets, the worse the symptom is, but so are all the rest of her symptoms. The core (body core) tremors also get worse with barometric pressure changes. The tremors have been present both before and after her diagnosis of FMS and before and after her introduction to various medications. It is another thing she just lives with. And, yes, her appetite decreases as the internal tremors increase.

Old 11-28-2003, 07:51 AM   #5
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

Thanks for the information. I still don't know if I have Fibro or if its anxiety. My muscles do hurt, and the lack of sleep makes it worse. I am going for an MRI this morning and I am anxious and feel worse. Not sure if anxiety is from this or what. I just want to feel normal again

Going to Rheumy and neuro next week just in case
Silvia

Old 11-28-2003, 05:38 PM   #6

babyboo099 HB User
Question Re: Tremors and Shaky most of the day

I have a question....

Have you or your daughters ever been tested for Lyme Disease?

Please check out the Lyme board on here & do a google search on Lyme Disease....

If you need more info on the subject I would be happy to talk with you...

My email [removed]

You may be amazed @ the info that you uncover as you research this topic further

stacey

Last edited by moderator2; 12-03-2003 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Do not post contact information. Please carefully read and follow the board posting guidelines.

Old 11-29-2003, 12:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Have you tried calcium plus magnesium??? I used to have tremors and shakes, hated them. Doc mentioned if i was taking enough calcium which i responded i hadnt because of all the pills i take. I was tired of taking so many and just decided to stop that. Well, i started them up and the tremors and shakes stopped. Everytime tho, that i stop the calcium and magnesium, they start up again, so for me that was the culprit. Try it for a few days, see if it helps.
Jen

Old 11-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #8
(female)

la_brat HB User

Thanks for the offer of possible solutions. They have have been tested for Lyme Disease on more than one occasion. They tested negative. Calcium and Magnesium doesn't seem to help them with the shakes. Magnesium does help our oldest daughter when her jaws make popping noises when chewing.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:15 AM   #9
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

I have just started taking Magnesium glycinate. heard it was good for anxiety and muscles. My blood calcium level is high per 2 blood tests, 10.5, so not sure if I should take calcium. I take a multivitamin and occasionally a tums for stomach.

Sil

Old 12-02-2003, 11:10 PM   #10

bunnybunny01 HB User

I'm afraid I can't help you much on what stops the shaking and tremors for me...mine turned out to be because of Prozac and Wellbutrin, although not because I took them at the same time. The tremors with the Prozac went away once I switched to Celexa (which I'm not taking anymore either), and with the Wellbutrin, it was just temporary and went away on its own.

I'd never heard of taking the calcium or magnesium, but I'm glad you brought up the whole topic because if you hadn't, and I go back on meds that make me shake, now I have an idea as to how to try to help myself Thank you!

I hope the mri went well.

Old 12-06-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

Got the MRI Results. Found 2 "tiny" lesions in brain, Neuro says its not MS, but I am going to get a second opinion just in case. I want to get rid of the shakey tired feeling, sometimes it feels almost like an adrenaline rush going thru my veins. Hard to explain, like a wave along with the shakes. I also am very tired still and appetite still not much.

I am going to get some second opinions and such. I am wondering if it could be anxiety and I don't know it. Last year rheumy said I did not have fibro. Last visit she said I had fibro and could be a flare up.

Silvia

Old 12-06-2003, 09:19 PM   #12
Inactive

Wittesea HB User

Have any of your doctors mentioned Essential Tremor?

I have a slight case of it that causes some internal tremor feelings, and my hand gets a slight tremor sometimes too... it's annoying, but I have gotten used to it and hopefully it won't progress any further.

Also- I have Reactive Hypoglycemia. It does not appear on a normal fasting glucose test. It is a low blood sugar that happens (30 minutes to 3 hours) after eating anything with carbohydrates in it.

Carbos have natural sugars in them, and when I eat them, my pancreas releases more insulin than necessary to break them down (and when there is excess insulin in the body, that causes an adrenal response- causing a rush or adrenalin) ... Having too much insulin also produces a "sugar crash" where I can all sorts of symptoms including shakiness, tremors, flushing, rapid heart rate, and sweating.

The same thing happens if I haven't eaten in a while.

The simple solution is to eat on a regular basis, and I also eat at least 1 piece of candy 10 minutes after a meal (more candy if I eat more carbos). Caramels are my favorite because they have a lot of sugar in them, and I can eat them quickly.

People with Fibromyalgia are very likely to have Reactive Hypoglycemia too (it is one of the co-existing conditions).

My doctor did not catch this- I figured it out while reading a fibro book. I then brought it to my doctors attention, and she agreed that I do have it.

I really hope that your docs figure this out so that you can feel better soon

~Liz

Old 12-07-2003, 08:36 AM   #13
(female)

la_brat HB User

Both of our daughters have trouble with the insulin in their systems. One is diabetic and the other Insulin Resistant. The treatment for both is a low carb 3 meals two snacks a day diet and a prescription medication, Avandamet. This is something that definately should be checked out. It does cause the body to do all kinds of strange things (shakes, dizziness, etc.) It has been said in articles that 75% of those diagnosed with FMS have trouble with insulin balance (either high or low). For one daughter this has helped tremedously for her hyperstate (talking a mile a minute, not being able to sit still). It has not done anything for the tremors in either daughter.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:57 AM   #14
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

Thanks so much. I am going to peruse this further. Last week I had blood taken twice 2 hours after I ate, will see what the results are. I just can't stand this now knowing and feeling lousy all the time. Came out of the blue.

Thanks again
Sil

Old 12-13-2003, 09:47 AM   #15
(female)

Sillyme03 HB User

I took 2 glucose tests 2 different days, 2 hours after I ate.

One was 100, next one was 102.

I was told these are normal results.

Still feeling horrible

Silvia

Closed Thread