It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User
Thumbs up anyone tried doxepin???

I have narcolepsy, hypothyroid and what appears to be hyper-mobility syndrome. The pain is intense at times...during my pregnancy my ligaments are sooo loose that they allow my hips to ride a bit outside of the socket...anyhow....I was put on doxepin to help me get better sleep at night.
It didn't do anything for the sleep, but stopped the night terrors, migraines and some of the aches and pains. I have been off it for 3 days...can't find my bottle!!! UUUGGGGHHHH, pain is back, migraines and nightmares.
I asked my pharmacist if I was up in the night about the pain response and he said that they are finding it helps many people with chronic pain and I've heard specifically from a few w/ fibro it has almost stopped all of there pain.
Is anyone else on it and recieving any relief????

Old 01-12-2004, 10:48 PM   #2

cherie HB User
Re: anyone tried doxepin???

Hello, no I haven't tried it, but I will check into this med. and talk to my Dr. about it at my next checkup.
I have a rough time sleeping, always have, way back during the 70's I was given Quladues, very strong, and even they didn't help at times, actually made me worse.
Cherie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #3

Cloie HB User
Re: anyone tried doxepin???

Hi, I have used Doxepin on and off for over 20 years. First prescribed for depression and anxiety. Now, I mostly have anxiety, insomnia and muscular/nerve pain. It helps a lot with anxiety and insomnia, but haven't noticed any difference in pain levels. However, since pain is sporadic and intermittent, hard to say how much pain I'd be in without it. Also take Neurontin for nerve pain. That works for my pain much better. I think it's also dose related. I only take 25 mg. of Doxepin day. Higher doses give me blurry vision but would probably reduce pain better. hope this helps. Cloie

Closed Thread