It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

singerja1999 HB User
Can you tell me?

Hi,
My name is Jackie and I know that something is definitely wrong with me but no diagnosis has been made. My neurologist is the only one who believes that I have an autoimmune disease. Could be lupus or whatever. So far nothing has shown up.
Last week something new happened. It all started on last Monday when I awoke. I was SO very tired and I just ached all over. I do weight training and I did go to the class but I didn't feel any better. I was very stiff, tired and ached all over. We do have steps in our house and I could hardly get upand down them due to stiffness and soreness. I also had chills. The thing is that last week I was stiff and sore, this week I am fine and next week who knows. I do keep notes on everything.
My question is- With this specific disease are you in pain all the time or is it hit and miss thing? I haven't read anything about that as of now. Anything you can tell me would be deeply appreciated. Thanks and have a good day. Jackie

Old 05-10-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

painsucks HB User
Re: Can you tell me?

Hi Jackie,

Yes, with fibromyalgia the pain, especially in the early stage of the disease can be very hit and miss. You may feel like you've described for several days, and think it must be the flu because suddenly you'll feel "normal" again. However, at least in my experience, when I thought I was back to normal, I'd push myself to do all the things I was accustomed to doing in a day, and that would put me right back into another flare up. So keep that in mind, listen to your body and don't over do it. It is good that you are keeping a log of your symptoms, that will help when you visit your doctor. Keep pushing your doctor for a diagnosis, if you don't get the results you believe you should, get another doctor. One thing that I've come to realize, YOU have to take control of your health and not expect that the doctors will do it for you! Take care and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

singerja1999 HB User

Thank You so very much. I do appreciate your help. This is all so very new to me. I will keep you posted. Jackie

Old 05-11-2004, 07:41 AM   #4

typingterror HB User

I remember when I was first diagnosed with fibro. I wanted to kiss the doctor as I finally had a name applied to what was mysteriously happening to my body. Little did I know that to some doctors it was like saying "miscellaneous/not otherwise specified" and road to treatment was an ongoing struggle. Best of luck with doctors as I have very little faith in them. (TT)

Closed Thread